mob showing everyone the dress

maddieleeJuly 28, 2006

What do you think?

The mother of a bride (wedding in December) is showing almost everyone she meets pictures of the wedding dress that were taken when the bride was having it fitted.

Shouldn't THE DRESS be a surprise for everyone?

ML

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Oh dear, I would hope the bride has no problem wth this. Yes, it will reduce the WOW factor, and that is too bad.

Bookmark   July 28, 2006 at 4:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

I don't think it is that big a deal, really. If the bride cares, she should just ask her mom to cut it out. But I think a lot of brides (and for that matter, mothers, too) overestimate the level of excitement guests have about their dresses -- really, have you ever felt yourself consumed with anticipation about someone else's dress? I enjoy seeing pretty gowns as much as anyone else, but as a guest, I don't look forward to being surprised or for that matter "wowed" by the clothes. I am happy to see the bride look beautiful and happy, whether I already knew what the dress was like or not -- believe me, I've seen beaming brides in simple dresses who took my breath away, and brides who who spent a fortune on clothes, hair, and makeup but looked like they were carrying more than wearing their elaborate dresses and just looked too "done" and uncomfortable to look their best. I am more interested in looking at the happy, proud faces than at the clothes. I think that a bride whose face shows that she is thinking about how happy she is about marrying her sweetheart looks a lot better than one who is thinking "Look At My Magnificent Dress!"

Bookmark   August 2, 2006 at 5:04PM
More Discussions
My wedding date is set now what?
Help! IÂm getting married next August and I donÂt...
alex23
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
Shouldn't Parents Get a Thank You Note?
I'm wondering why I'm even asking this, but times have...
Karen10125
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
I'm a bridesmaid and the bride is angry with me. Help!
Recently, I told the bride I could not go on her bachlorette...
excyntric
Sponsored Products
Sovet Italia | Doge Dining Table, 98-Inch
YLiving.com
Fambuena | Dress M Pendant Light
YLighting
Burlap natural tablecloth
Origin Crafts
Ambiance Small Ambis Sconce
$149.40 | Bellacor
37" Bamboo Wall-Mount Vessel Sink Vanity - Triangular Brackets
Signature Hardware