Ultimate 2000 vinyl windows

atmontFebruary 2, 2013

any body have any experiences with Alside Ultimate 2000 vinyl windows? we are currently considering purchase of about 12 replacement windows and would like information on similar experiences

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Run in the opposite direction, Alside is pretty much universally known by the pro's as bottom of the food chain.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 10:15AM
millworkman

Run in the opposite direction, Alside is pretty much universally known by the pro's as bottom of the food chain.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 10:16AM
atmont

Millworkman - thanks for the tip - any suggestions on other companies? - we've also looked at Pella but they seem to be out of our price range as we're looking at triple-pane products

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:10AM
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

What area of the country are you located in? Some offerings are a bit more regional.

Good names you will hear discussed regularly are Soft-Lite, Okna, Sunrise, HiMark, Gorell, etc.

As important as triple pane is a properly sized and sealed install as well as a well built and snug fitting window system.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:35AM
millworkman

In my opinion Pella would be almost as low as Alside on the chain, windows gave some good advice on brands above. You would be better off with a quality double pane window than triple pane in a piece of crap!

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 11:45AM
HomeSealed

Can't add much to the above... I would just say that when you are comparing products, look at the performance ratings including u value, air infiltration and design pressure. That will give you a great indication of quality, as well as a proper measure of what type of performance to expect.

Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 12:20PM
More Discussions
Lockheed, Certainteed Bryn Mawr III, or Alliance
Wondering which is the better new construction vinyl...
16cassie
pulley and weight window stuck open
I cannot get it closed even though I basically hang...
Cynna622
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Dual pane window retrofit, for sound blocking, question on thickness.
Been looking at options on vinyl windows with better...
mystrwizard
Any opinions on Hurd H3?
I know Hurd is not well-regarded here on GW but the...
song_ca
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™