The most beautiful bouquets EVER!

morrisonsMYmuseJuly 9, 2005

MY best friend is getting married in a couple of weeks (she's having a backyard bbq with a luau theme) and she's been trying to plan around a tiny budget (a couple hundred dollars) as they're expecting a baby in september. but she had pretty much resigned herself to not having any flowers at her wedding (we were all going to wear leis) but last night we were hanging around walmart and found some of the most beautiful flowers. we bought several calla lilies and some brightly colored day lilies (orange, red, blue, yellow, and pink) and made some of the most beautiful bouquets i've ever seen in my life. all we did was center the calla between four day lilies and wrap the stems in fishing line (cheaper than clear craft string) and wrap ribbons around them. for the bride's bouquet we used red and white day lilies and three white callas and used a string of tiny irridescent pearls we found to dress it up a bit. and here's the kicker. we made six gorgeous bouquets for only $40. that's a FIFTH of what i'm spending on my wedding flowers. and it's so simple. needless to say, then grooms men are the only ones wearing leis now.

just thought i'd share my discovery of the cheap cheap cheap alternative to a high-priced florist.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morrisonsMYmuse

my friend's wedding was yesterday. it was beautiful. she was beautiful. i cried my little eyes out. my best friend is married now. she says she dosn't feel any different, but i feel alot different. ah well. i love her and i know they're going to be so happy together.

Bookmark   July 24, 2005 at 9:26AM
clutterbugs

LOVE THE IDEA OF THE LUAU WEDDING.MY DAUGHTER IS GETTING MARRIED NEXT MONTH AND WE WILL ALSO MAKE HER BOUQUETS. WE DID THIS WITH OTHER DAUGHTER AND SO'S WEDDINS ALSO. WAY CHEAPER ADN SO PRETTY AND ALS A KEEPSAKE...DAUGHTERS WERE ALL PURPLE HYDRANGA AND WERE ONLY $10 EACH BOUQUET. SON'S/DAUGHTERNLAWS WERE PINKA ND WHITE ROSES,SOEM WERE LEFT OVERS FROM SON'S GREAT GRANDPARENTS 50TH ANNI. PARTY SO EXTRA SPECIAL AND SAFED US $$$...THIS DAUGHTER S WEDDING WIL BE IN ROYAL BLUE WITH PALE GREEN,TANGERINE AND YELLOW ACCENTS. WE WILL SHOP FRO FLOWERS SOON...THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON WALLY WORLD..LOVE THAT PLACE,,,WE ARE LOOKING FRO GERBER DAISEIES...

Bookmark   July 27, 2005 at 7:05AM
flowerchild59

Don't forget ebay for some beautiful and reasonable already made bouquets.

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
Great wedding ideas!
My son's wedding is finally over! It was wonderful!...
granny2ricky
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
Sponsored Products
Pleated Ivory Taupe Bronze Adjustable Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
New Mesa Collection Antiqued Kazak Runner 3x7 Red & Ivory Hand Knotted Rug H3471
BH Sun Inc
Monaco Trifle Bowl
$12.99 | zulily
China Red Textured Silk 16" Wide Pendant Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Elk Lighting 1.5H in. Fan Shell Dish - 93-4449
$28.00 | Hayneedle
Java Flush Wall Sconce
$109.99 | Bellacor
Mikki Zebra-Print Rug 8'6" x 11' - IVIORY/BLACK
$799.00 | Horchow
Semi Mounted Luxury Vanity Vessel in Gold Leaf