Opinions wanted - Harvey windows

anthonyg_maFebruary 4, 2010

I have to replace my ~15 year-old Rivco double-hung windows (the original windows) - several of them on the 2nd floor have begun to leak, resulting in either a bit of fog or condensation between the panes. Fortunately, the frames are still in excellent shape. I was considering Harvey and have just started to do some research. I was looking for feedback regarding thermal performance and overall opinions of the windows themselves. I will probably just stick with a white vinyl window, but am not sure exactly what model to select yet. Was also wondering about the 'options' they offer, such as foam-filled frame/sash, etc. I'm planning on heading to the showroom in Nashua, NH. to get a better idea of what they offer as well.

Appreciate any info you can provide!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skydawggy

Although I don't have any first hand experience with Harvey windows, I do know of other contractor who do and the general consensus is that they are a pretty decent mid-grade product.

Foam filled sashes/frames do very little for overall window performance, lowering the U-factor only .01-.02. I personally, wouldn't be willing to pay any additional money for foam filling.

Bookmark   February 4, 2010 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
Modern Windows
Can anyone suggest an affordable modern window? Thanks!...
shorty
Plantation Shutters Pros/Cons, need advice
Hi, I'm new to this website and owning a home so forgive...
rehsanipoor
Kitchen Sliding Patio Door
Hi everyone! My slider is junky and the frame around...
LSSF
Thinking about installing Jeld-Wen Premium Vinyl Windows...
My husband and I are looking into getting Low E vinyl...
LittleHouseotPrairie
Pros please help differentiate between two window manufacturers...
Hello, we are the midst of a new construction build...
rebph
Sponsored Products
Taos Kilim Pillow
| Dot & Bo
BackPockets�� Seat Back Organizer
$9.99 | zulily
Signature Ivory Double Wide Velvet Blackout Pole Pocket Single Panel Curtain, 10
$162.95 | Bellacor
Document Fossil Straight Window Valance
Overstock.com
Serena & Lily Silk Shantung Window Panel
Serena & Lily
Boutique Flat Drapery
Blindsgalore
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™