What To Do At The Dinner Table

jbkiddJuly 15, 2006

Is it appropriate to have table games at a wedding, I heard of this being done. How do you pass the time while eating to make it interesting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

I've never heard of it, and I would find it silly and intrusive. People don't need games to "make it interesting" when they go to dinner at a restaurant or attend any other kind of party -- why do you feel they need organized amusement at a wedding? People pass the time by talking with each other, as at any other time. And at a wedding, there are also times when they are listening to toasts or dancing.

Don't worry that your guests will be bored. Even if I were a guest at a deadly dull table, I'd rather be bored than forced to play some contrived game (and I happen to love games -- not everyone does).

Bookmark   July 15, 2006 at 5:57PM
sweet_pea10

I totally agree with Gellchom. As a wedding coordinator, I have never seen table games played at a wedding. Generally, you eat, visit with others at the table, listen to toasts, watch the bride and groom cut the cake and do their first dances. Once the general dancing begins, you will have something to focus on. If your wedding will have no dancing, guests will get up and visit with others that they haven't seen for awhile.

Bookmark   July 16, 2006 at 3:46PM
Susan_in_NC

The only table it is OK to have some games and other entertainment arranged for is if you have a kids table. The other guests are adult and should be able to practice the art of conversation.

OK, that sounds harsh, but true!

Susan

Bookmark   July 18, 2006 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
Exciting Proposal?
I think YES! This is my dear friend! I can't wait for...
Jessica1717
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™