WIP a few of the things I have been doing

flagtruckJune 29, 2008

I have posted a few of the things I have been working on in my Flickr album. I am finishing more today, so maybe I can show a few completed soon. The green swing arms are all done with tiles I made from clay and fired. Now need grout.

The cinderblocks are for plant pedestals and thanks to Slow for picking me up a few at Lowes a couple weeks ago so I could do some. I love doing them and am having a ball with them. I have done many sketches of one I want to do for the big flower pot I finished a few weeks ago. It is so heavy I will have to do the pedestal, set the pot in place and then plant it.

The succulent birdhouse is a WIP not mosaics right now, I cannot figure out whether to mosaic or not? Suggestions please.

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP and a few finished things

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cindiloo

You make such beautiful tiles! Those look so great on the swing! The cinderblock are fun! I gotta try some of those! Very, very nice work!

Bookmark   June 29, 2008 at 7:34PM
nicethyme

Oh my word... your work is so beautiful Flag. Love those tiles you made!

Bookmark   June 29, 2008 at 10:26PM
texaswild

Already commented via e-mail, but again, I'm so impressed w/your handmade tiles. Every time I see these handmade tiles, I want a kiln, but I just can't see me getting into another hobby timewise. I'm afraid it would take on a life and take too much time away from mosaics. I LOVE the blocks, and w/not have thought of covering the holes w/plates. Thanks for that idea. LOVE this forum for ideas and inspiration.

Bookmark   June 30, 2008 at 8:28AM
More Discussions
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™