What should I wear to a Connecticut wedding?

southernbelle_2007July 6, 2007

My husband's best friend (he will be the best man) is getting married at St. Clements castle in Connecticut near the end of September - the time is 12:00-5:00. What do I wear to the wedding, rehearsal dinner, etc. I'm from the deep south and have no idea what the weather will be like, etc. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Because the wedding is in the daytime, a nice dressy suit or dress with a jacket should be safe. The end of September could be 80 degrees and it could be 65 degrees, so wearing a dress or skirt with a jacket should be safe.

Bookmark   July 6, 2007 at 4:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Susan_in_NC

I second the vote for something that will allow for the weather. I've attended several weddings in Connecticut, traveling up from Fl. The first one I was not prepared for and had to go out and buy a light coat and sweater. Think dressy layers -- a semi formal suit would work or a nice dress with jacket. You are not quite into full cocktail time, so extra dressy may not be the "thing" as groomsman DH may be able to inquire regarding how fancy the bridesmaids and bridal gown will be; or even what the bride and grooms mothers will wear. That may allow you to dress in a more suiting manner.

Just remember to smile and have fun!

Susan

Susan

Bookmark   July 6, 2007 at 9:33PM
More Discussions
Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!
My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months....
Karen10125
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™