Blingy Door Done

flagtruckJune 17, 2009

Here is a pic of the shop door done and in place..(I can't believe I grouted something the same month I mosaiced it)

I am going to remove the screen as it detracts from the door and because Slow said to do it and she is the boss of this outfit..LOL..

Here is a link that might be useful: Blingy Door

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susiewantsroses

AWE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE! Love your work!

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 2:11PM
cathyscache

Oh Flag soooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful job girl!!!

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 2:30PM
katishooked

This is one beau------ti-------ful door. I agree with slow. I would hate to hide this beauty behind the screen.

Kat

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 6:57PM
nicethyme

It turned out so GREAT! I love it Carol!

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 7:11PM
christi508

That is jaw droppingly gorgeous...

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 8:26PM
mermaidmosaics

Flag, I love , love, love this door. it is the PERFECT entry to your wonderful studio!! even though I also love this screen door, I guess Slow is right. It does take away from the door, and the screen needs it's own place to shine, because it is jaw dropping too.

One of my friends from UT, will be in Austin in a couple weeks, I am so tempted to meet her and then make the drive up to you and Slow's

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 9:30PM
flagtruck

We would welcome all of you with open arms...bring yourself on.....Slow will definitely say the same thing. We are about 4.5 hrs NE of Austin. Plan to spend at least one night with us. We both are single gals with 3 bdrm houses so plenty of room...Thanks to all of you for the kudos. I love this myself, it is so happy. This is the door to my workshop not my studio. My studio door is a full glass storm door to let in more light.

Bookmark   June 17, 2009 at 9:47PM
texaswild

Oh, wouldn't that be fun, MER, if you/your friend w/come see us. YES, please plan to do so. Two weeks - that w/be the 4th of July, and I'll have a house crammed full - whole family w/boy friends w/be here, but FLAG has room for you both. No way can you see her Queendom in just an hr. or so. That mosaiced door is fabulous, and I suggested she stand the screen in her gardens for a little door to a secret sitting area. She has so many "rooms", and the screen is perfect for one.

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 8:06AM
Calamity_J

This is Absolutely THE Blingy-ist Door on the Planet/Universe!!!! It just says...Enter Here, All who Crave Heaven On Earth!!!" Well, all of us who are Mosaic Addicts anyways!!!lol!

Bookmark   June 18, 2009 at 10:20AM
mermaidmosaics

Gosh Flag and Slow, thank you so much for the Texas hospitality. That is one thing I so miss. Turns out my DFF(Dear Former Friend:)) says she can't make it.

So, guess will have to take you gals up on your offer another time. Gee, I was getting all excited.

Bookmark   June 19, 2009 at 10:45AM
calinromania

love the door. i live in a building with 9 flooors, i'm on the 8th. 4 apartments on each floor... should i go ahead a mosaic my door?
LOL
it's metal, i guess... one of those safe doors....
:)

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 2:43AM
laurastheme

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! I hope I can do a big project someday. Right now I'm almost afraid to try a small one. I've been making totems, glass flowers, etc. so I'm mostly on the GJ forum, but hopefully you'll see me here once in awhile, too.

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 4:13PM
flagtruck

Calin - I am sure your door would be the talk of the building. Laura-just start on something, then you will want to do more and more and more...it is contagious..Thank you Slow, Calamity, Mer and the rest of you. I am tickled you all like it. It is brightm but who cares?

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 5:08PM
daisyme

We're talkin' TEXAS here, Friends....where everything is bigger, brighter, more colorful and happier than other places. I need to get down there too. How I'd love to see that blingy door, Flag. But I'm off on vacation for 3 weeks in the morning. It'll be so fun to check in here and see what else is new and wonderful when I return...

Bookmark   June 22, 2009 at 10:58PM
More Discussions
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™