Displaying food on Buffet

malachiteJuly 1, 2004

We are do it yourself kind of folks and were wondering how to display the food on the buffet table. We have the warm food taken care of, but want the cold foods in a tier.

Any ideas on how best to achieve this? Like.. what to put it on, how to decorate.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weed30

A simple and beautiful way is to take assorted sized boxes (cardboard is fine) and arrange them on the table, on top of the tablecloth. Then take some fabric or another tablecloth and cover the boxes, poofing the excess material as needed. Finish by putting pretty greens and baby's breath around. You can also add pretty ribbon swirling through to match the color of your wedding.

By pretty greens I do NOT mean

- personal dislike ;) One of my favorites is flat or "silver dollar" It must be *fresh*, not dried.

If you want an arier look, tree fern is lovely. If you use this, make sure you see it first, some florists will give you

, which is spikey and while nice, doesn't work as well in my opinion.

Below are some photos with ideas.

Bookmark   July 1, 2004 at 10:05AM
malachite

Very nice! Thank you!

Bookmark   July 1, 2004 at 4:59PM
sweet_pea10

Even sturdier than cardboard boxes are plastic milk crates. You can purchase them very inexpensively at dollar stores or discount stores. Place them upside down on the tables and drape with a tablecloth.

Bookmark   July 1, 2004 at 6:36PM
weed30

Right about the milk crates. But don't do your "risers" all the same size/height. Just about anything you can think of that is sturdy will work. Look around in your basement and garage. Even pots from your kitchen will work.

Bookmark   July 2, 2004 at 1:43PM
More Discussions
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™