NEED: poem/reading about blending the bride and grooms families

malachiteJune 19, 2004

I am looking for a poem/reading about blending the bride and grooms families together. Their parents, siblings, etc..

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnesd

How about, "May this family combine as one in love and harmoy."

Bookmark   June 20, 2004 at 7:07PM
malachite

Do you have the words? I am not able to find them.

Bookmark   June 20, 2004 at 11:58PM
silversword

Unity Candle ceremony:

Personalized pillar candle and individual personalized tapers and gave each child a personalized taper.

The ceremony was actually a Family Unity Ceremony. All children write a congratulation and thank you note to the bride and groom. Once the Unity Candle was lit, take turns lighting their tapers from the pillar and in unison, recited the following:

"As I light my candle from the Unity Candle, I feel the warmth, love and excitement of my new, larger family.
Thank you(BRIDE'S NAME or MOM or MOTHER) and (GROOM'S NAME or DAD or FATHER) for having given me an extended family to love and be loved by. Congratulations! I love you!

Groom: "(childrens names), I want you to know that I dearly love your mother. We have become very good friends over the weeks and months and we have learned to love each other. As you have so graciously shared this wonderful woman with me, so will I share the love I feel for her with you.

Together, we will learn much more about each other. I promise also to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your mom, and in due time, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your hearts that is for me alone. I will be father and friend, and I will cherish my life with all of you. On this day when I marry your mom, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own."

Bride: "(childrenÂs names), I want you to know that I dearly love your father. We have become very good friends over the weeks and months and we have learned to love each other. As you have so graciously shared this wonderful man with me, so will I share the love I feel for him with both of you. Together, we will learn much more about each other.

I promise also to be fair and to be honest, to be available for you as I am for your dad, and in due time, to earn your love, respect and true friendship. I will not attempt to replace anyone, but to make a place in your hearts that is for me alone. I will be mother and friend, and I will cherish my life with both of you. On this day when I marry your dad, I marry you, and I promise to love and support you as my own."

The bride and groomÂs children then responded to the following vows when read by the pastor:

(ChildrenÂs names), do you promise to love your mother and her new husband?

Children respond: "I do."

Do you promise to support their marriage and your new family?

Do you promise to accept the responsibility of being their children, and to encourage them, support them, and accept them just as our heavenly Father accepts us?

(Children names), do you promise to love your father and his new wife?

Do you promise to support their marriage and your new family?

Do you promise to accept the responsibility of being their children, and to encourage them, support them, and accept them just as our heavenly Father accepts us?

Today is the wedding
Of more than just two.
We're blending our families
With love that is true.

Today marks the birth
Of a new family:
One that is special
For all here to see

Today's a Day of Love Not Just for Us
by Nicholas Gordon.
Today's a day of love not just for us,
But for all of those who brought us here.
So please excuse us if we make a fuss
Over you, the ones we hold most dear.
In you we see the love we replicate
By joining on this day our separate lives.
Our choice was neither accident nor fate,
But homage to good husbands and sweet wives.
We hope to make a family just like yours,
And be to our children parents much like you.
You have been to us wide-open doors
Onto a serene and peaceful view.
We look to you with gratitude and pride.
What joy this day to have you at our side!

Bookmark   March 25, 2010 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
I just got back from the best wedding!
Wow, I thought I had seen it all, but this was so great! The...
scarlett2001
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
Only one not invited to wedding
A couple at my church that I thought were my friends...
jashley
Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!
My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months....
Karen10125
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™