Wedding Program and entertainment question

MaryAnn_ALJune 19, 2008

We will be having a special band playing at the reception. Would it be appropriate to include their group's name as entertainment at the reception in the ceremony program? Maybe some other place....the invitations? We just wanted our guests to know so they would be sure to make plans to stay for the reception.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue36

Wouldn't guests usually plan to stay for the reception? Where I am some people don't show for the ceremony but go to the reception.

Anyway...I wouldn't mention the band on the ceremony program. As part of the invitation are you doing a reception card? You could put "Dinner and dancing following the ceremony at the Our Town Country Club". If there is no dinner you could just say "cocktails" or whatever you will have. I wouldn't mention the band by name. The day isn't about the band.

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 8:48PM
gellchom

I wouldn't include it anywhere -- definitely not in the invitation (and I don't care if it's the Rolling Stones or the Boston Symphony -- YOU are the stars of your wedding). I suppose if you are naming the caterer, florist, etc. in the program, sure, go ahead and name the band, too -- but I don't know why you'd name any of them, either.

No matter how special this band is, people will attend your reception because they want to celebrate with YOU!

Bookmark   June 19, 2008 at 10:30PM
sweet_pea10

I agree with the others. The band's name doesn't need to be mentioned at all, partularly in the program. You can verbally tell your family and friends about the band and they can then share the information.

Bookmark   June 20, 2008 at 1:57AM
More Discussions
Wedding Poem
I need a poem from the mother of the bride to the mother...
LeAnn55
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™