Only Daughter Marries in three weeks

bluelouMay 16, 2006

I want to put together a bag that I will need the day of the wedding with aspirin, needle and thread, etc. I need all your ideas of what else I might need that day to keep the bride and groom and wedding party in tip top shape for any emergency that may arrive. Please give me your suggestions or what you had on hand the day your child got married. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

Maybe antiperspirant, baby powder, pantyhose, bandaids, disposable razor, mouthwash, toothpaste and brush, comb, brush, hairspray, lip balm, sunscreen, clear nail polish, emery board, scissors, tissues, and maybe one of those new Tide sticks. I also like that spray that gets wrinkles out -- it works pretty well. Remember that you can return unused items to the store, or use them another time yourself.

I wouldn't worry too much, though. They aren't really any more likely to need anything than any other evening out.

Bookmark   May 16, 2006 at 11:26PM
sweet_pea10

As a wedding coordinator I carry a bag like that to all of my weddings. The things that are most often needed are safety pins, needle and thread, and Scotch tape. I get occasional calls for duct tape and asperin. The primary problem requiring needle and thread is tuxedo buttons that come off.

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 12:26AM
Nanaof2

I was a MOB too! The A number one thing we used in our emergency kit was static guard! Shout wipes were pretty handy too.

Bookmark   May 17, 2006 at 4:46AM
hounds_x_two

I have made "Mother of the Bride" survival kits for some of my friends. Most everything I included has been listed. I think the only other things I added were GasX, wine, an "Our Lady of Miracles" votive candle, stress relief aromatherapy oil and an energy bar.

Bookmark   June 3, 2006 at 1:52PM
cindyx

A few things to add to the basket is nail glue, nail files, benedryl or an ointment with hydrocortisone for hives.

Bookmark   June 9, 2006 at 7:54AM
More Discussions
I just got back from the best wedding!
Wow, I thought I had seen it all, but this was so great! The...
scarlett2001
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!
My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months....
Karen10125
Mother of the Groom dress
Our son will be getting married August 2, outdoors. I...
sidnee
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™