mosaic backsplash

daisy522June 3, 2013

Hello! I am a long time member, but haven't been on this site in a while. I had forgotten how amazing and talented everyone is!

I am looking for a picture of a backsplash that someone did several years ago. I thought I had saved the pic, but now that I need it I cant find it!

This backsplash had several found objects worked in to it. Maybe a tea cup, key..... cant remb it all!
Anyone know what I'm talking about? Have a picture?
Thanks!
Linda in Collierville, TN

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

I did a search and came up w/both the backsplashes KLINGER did. She moved, but there's a pic near the bottom of the thread of the old one. The other one you might be thinking of was done by the late FLAGTRUK. Do a search to see if it's still there.
Two backsplashes by KLINGER

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 1:17PM
silvamae

I did a bunch of searches, but the best results came up when I typed this search in Google:

broken plates backsplash kitchen

I was looking for a particular one that I saw years ago - black and white, with cups and saucers and all kinds of random stuff, done by two men, in a small cottage, but couldn't find it.

Bookmark   June 3, 2013 at 2:18PM
Shades_of_idaho

Might be these two men. I can not find the back splash. this is part of their work. they have 1800 pictures and as much as I would love to look through each one again my internet connection is at a snails pace tonight.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anado McLauchlin

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 2:25AM
silvamae

I found it, the one I was talking about. It was done by two guys, Beserra and Byrd. If you scroll through Google long enough, guess you can eventually find anything.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 8:19AM
texaswild

Shades: I know Anado Groove's work very well. I have his site marked on my favs, and follow his work faithfully. He's a member of Flickr. I LOVE his work so much. He is in San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. If I weren't so danged old, I'd go see that place. I love the way he's decorated his wonderful home and gardens. It's the next best thing to the Hacienda de Mosaico in Puerto Vallarta where I go every year. I recommend y'all to take the time to go through his album - a little each day to see his works. I love the way he mixes mosaics w/his painting techniques. He has a host of famous artists visit him.

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 9:28AM
daisy522

Thank you so much!! The old backsplash that KLINGER did is the one!! I really want to try this!

Bookmark   June 6, 2013 at 10:24AM
Calamity_J

Cindy(Klinger) just had me over and she repainted her kitchen and now her backsplash Really POPS! I am tempted to do mine now...just going over the plain jane tile that is there...

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 12:50AM
More Discussions
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
acrylic sheet
Hello all I have dabbled in other media like oil and...
bicem
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™