DIY Ivitations

wearehappyMay 15, 2011

I've seen posts that say you can design your own invitations and then have a copy place make them up for you.. My question, what does the copy place use to make my invitations? Do I make one up at home first and bring it to them with the paper I've chosen? Do I bring them my design on a CD? I'm confused (G)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

I would start by going to the copy shop. The one I use has papers you can look at, so you can get ideas and have the paper in mind when you design the invitation. They can tell you what your options are.

Have fun!

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 9:47PM
sweet_pea10

It depends on the type of business you use. If you use a copy center, you will need to use their paper.

Many printers who work with small businesses fill in by printing invitations and similar items. If you choose a printer, most will allow you to bring in your own paper. They can also print with colored ink and with a raised print (thermography). The price will be a little higher than a copy shop, but you will get a much nicer invitation.

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 3:25PM
TheAlternativeBride

Most copy shops want you to bring them a digital file on CD - or sometimes you can just email it to them. Usually they want a TIFF file or something, but they might be able to make a PNG or JPG work (I'm not sure if JPG is high enough quality though).

As for paper, you'll likely have to choose from their stock. But they should have a lot of options in terms of colors, textures, and weights to choose from.

Hope that helps - good luck! We DIYed our invites and looooved them. It was a lot of work but I made up the design on our computer and printed them off one by one on my parents' photo printer. Then we added ribbons, embossing, etc. They were pretty !

Bookmark   June 13, 2011 at 2:35PM
More Discussions
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
I just got back from the best wedding!
Wow, I thought I had seen it all, but this was so great! The...
scarlett2001
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™