What color bridesmaid shoes?

fluffybuttMay 15, 2012

Hello, I am the maid of honor in my friend's small wedding. It's actually going to be at my house in my backyard and basement. Ok, so I had planned on getting some dyed strappy sandal heels to go with my dark purple (lapis from David's Bridal) dress, but now I'm wondering if I should do silver instead? Are dyed shoes considered dated?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilajoyce_gw

Do whichever you want. Keep in mind that if you are going to be walking on the grass, that heels can sink down into the soil and be ruined. I would think that the dyed fabric would be more easily damanged too.

Bookmark   May 18, 2012 at 7:08PM
fluffybutt

I ended up finding some really pretty silver shoes that I just love! Thanks for the help, sheilajoyce.

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 3:36PM
sweeby

There are some clear plastic heel covers you can buy -- they were mentioned here - don't recall the name. But anyway, they just slip over your heels, giving you a bit more width so you won't 'spike' the grass with every step, and also keep your heels from getting ruined. Might be worth looking into --

Bookmark   June 9, 2012 at 10:00PM
gellchom

I have them and they do work great. They come with a little case, too, so they don't get your pocketbook dirty. The ones I have are called Sole Mates. But there are other brands, too, including new ones that weren't available when I bought mine, so there may be even better ones.

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 12:24AM
emynia

silver would be best...

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 4:54AM
More Discussions
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
Wedding Gift For Parents
I want to give something special to my parents on their...
sachishah
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™