bridal shower question

tralynnMay 21, 2009

I am attending a bridal shower soon. I have not bought the gift yet, and not even sure what I will get, but I want some ideas on how I can give this. I have done a web search on bridal shower gift baskets and mostly what I see is a spa day gift basket. This is not what I want to do. I do not know the right words to use in my search. I have also found where you could do the towel cake, but I'm not sure I like that. I would like to do something unusual, you know an alternative to gift wrapping. I love creating things like that but I am at a total loss. This is partly why I have not bought the gift yet, because I want to figure out what to make first. Would like to keep it to practical items. Sure would appreciate your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Why not create your own gift basket? You can choose a theme, such as a baking basket or an Italian basket. You wouldn't even need to use a basket. For instance, for an Italian "basket," you could purchase a colander and fill it with spaghetti and other items. For a baking "basket" you could use a mixing bowl and include measuring cups and spoons, large wooden spoon, etc.

You can purchase shrink wrap at craft stores or use clear wrapping paper and tie with a bow. You can also purchase clear gift bags meant to hold larger items. Creating your own "basket" would be practical and unique.

Bookmark   May 21, 2009 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
Shouldn't Parents Get a Thank You Note?
I'm wondering why I'm even asking this, but times have...
Karen10125
Thinking of Eloping...
Life story, shortened. I am engaged to the best friend...
lauraeli_
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™