bridal shower question

tralynnMay 21, 2009

I am attending a bridal shower soon. I have not bought the gift yet, and not even sure what I will get, but I want some ideas on how I can give this. I have done a web search on bridal shower gift baskets and mostly what I see is a spa day gift basket. This is not what I want to do. I do not know the right words to use in my search. I have also found where you could do the towel cake, but I'm not sure I like that. I would like to do something unusual, you know an alternative to gift wrapping. I love creating things like that but I am at a total loss. This is partly why I have not bought the gift yet, because I want to figure out what to make first. Would like to keep it to practical items. Sure would appreciate your help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Why not create your own gift basket? You can choose a theme, such as a baking basket or an Italian basket. You wouldn't even need to use a basket. For instance, for an Italian "basket," you could purchase a colander and fill it with spaghetti and other items. For a baking "basket" you could use a mixing bowl and include measuring cups and spoons, large wooden spoon, etc.

You can purchase shrink wrap at craft stores or use clear wrapping paper and tie with a bow. You can also purchase clear gift bags meant to hold larger items. Creating your own "basket" would be practical and unique.

Bookmark   May 21, 2009 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
Wedding Poem
I need a poem from the mother of the bride to the mother...
LeAnn55
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
Mother of the Groom dress
Our son will be getting married August 2, outdoors. I...
sidnee
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
Sponsored Products
Shower Curtain Artistic - Creation in Color Autumn Infusion
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Redi Trench Shower Bases 32 in. x 60 in. Double Threshold Shower Pan in Black
Home Depot
Satin Nickel S-shaped Shower Arm
Overstock.com
8 Square Rain Shower Head & 6 Ceiling Mounted Arm - Easyclean Chrome
Hudson Reed
38" x 38" Square Stone shower Pan Trendy Gray Granite - CHAMPAGNE
Living'ROC
Pure Round Triple Concealed Thermostatic Shower Faucet Valve 2 Outlets
Hudson Reed
Tech Lighting | Cirque Ceiling Light
$103.20 | YLighting
Veneto Freestanding Stainless Steel Shower Panel W/ Lauan Tray - Stainless Steel
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™