CD of first dance?

sheilajoyce_gwMay 24, 2005

Anyone have an idea of a CD love song for a first dance. It must be slow so they can dance to it according to DD. Her fiance likes the tempo of "At Last," but she feels it is too sad. Any suggestions for a slow dance CD that is more sunny and positive about love?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joann23456

One of my favorite current (or semi-current) love songs is Van Morrison's "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You." (Don't even bother with Rod Stewart's - Van wrote it, and his version is *far* better.)

For couples who were first friends and then became romantically involved, I like "I Could Write a Book," both the Frank Sinatra and the Harry Connick Jr. versions. (I've posted a link to the lyrics, in case you haven't heard the song.)

"What a Wonderful World" is maybe over-used, but still a terrific song. Or how about "It Had to be You."

Here is a link that might be useful: I could write a book

Bookmark   May 24, 2005 at 1:56PM
sweet_pea10

"At Last" is a very popular wedding song. I am surprised that DD finds the lyrics to be sad. Any song by Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, or some of the other great standards make excellent first dance songs.

Bookmark   May 24, 2005 at 6:01PM
mary_md7

Dh and I danced to Don Henley's "Taking You Home."

Bookmark   June 13, 2005 at 1:34PM
martinsbride

does she like country music? i was going to use allison krauss's 'when you say nothing at all' but we decided to go with a song that means a little more to the both of us. so it's back to the drawing board. allison krauss isn't the original artist but i like her version better than the other guy...

Bookmark   June 18, 2005 at 12:58AM
ogoopogo

Beatles.. In My life..

Bookmark   October 9, 2006 at 11:09PM
More Discussions
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
Thinking of Eloping...
Life story, shortened. I am engaged to the best friend...
lauraeli_
I just got back from the best wedding!
Wow, I thought I had seen it all, but this was so great! The...
scarlett2001
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™