I got married!

froggy05May 17, 2005

My wedding was on April 30th in San Carlos CA, and it was beautiful. Everything went as planned until a week before when my DJ and my priest both canceled on me. Instead of flipping out and submitting to utter depression i decided not to care, because I was getting married in a week and I didn't care...

I found another DJ, pure luck I must say, to do the reception in teh last minute. I highly reccomend this DJ service if you planning a wedding in the Bay Area. Its called "A Classy Affaire". They were very professional about the situation and my DJ was awesome!

The priest had a family emergency in Ireland, how could I be upset with him for that, he had to go oversees to be with his sick mother. We had another priest do the wedding.

So even with the mishaps, my wedding went smoothly, everything worked out and was wonderful. And now I am very happily married and waiting for my pictures...

Thank you all for all your advice and support, I'll be back here on this site, visiting and such...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

Congratulations, froggy! Every happiness to you and your lucky husband. You are off to a great start, with your wonderful attitude. Those are BIG cancellations -- and look, everything was fine anyway.

We can't wait for the pictures!

Bookmark   May 17, 2005 at 12:46PM
talley_sue_nyc

I knew that was gonna happen--you getting married, I mean.

As for the problems, well, I always say, the bigger the disaster, the better the stories. And you'll be telling those stories for the rest of your life.

Friends of mine can brag that at THEIR wedding, someone dropped the cake! Unfort., not on the dance floor; that would have made a GREAT story, and in those "can you top this?" dinner-party conversations, they would have WON! (and so would I, bcs I'd be telling about THEIR wedding)

I'm sorry yours went so well! ;-)

Bookmark   May 17, 2005 at 6:47PM
joann23456

Congratulations! And great job keeping things in perspective!

Bookmark   May 19, 2005 at 12:23PM
jennmonkey

congrats!!!!

Bookmark   May 19, 2005 at 9:29PM
martinsbride

congrats and i hope that i'm that level headed a week before my wedding....*deep breaths*

Bookmark   June 18, 2005 at 1:07AM
More Discussions
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
Las Vegas Wedding
Can anyone give me advice on an elegant & classy...
secondtimebride
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™