Totems

flagtruckJune 22, 2010

Here are a few pieces of my attempt to make my own totems from ceramic and found objects. I am way behind in getting these together and they need a lot of work. I had too many boxes of components to store so upright they will go. LOL The original inspiration pieces are shown next to it. No comparison to mine I'm afraid.In the totem album on my flickr are pics of the components as I made them from ceramic. I am still finishing the leaves and components I am making from crete.

Here is a link that might be useful: totems

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

Fabulous! Love the blues. Thanks for the pics. Please keep 'em coming.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 9:00AM
soonergirl1968

Oh Flagtruck... I LOVE those!!! You have done a beautiful job. I wish I knew how to do ceramics (although the LAST thing I need is another "obsession":) I'm working on a hypertufa totem right now but REALLY like all the beautiful colors you have incorporated!! Just wonderful!

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 11:59AM
fldirt

OMG.....you are AWESOME!! I love the totem. Thanks so much for sharing & giving us ideas!

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 10:31PM
nanatricia

Those are awesome !!! I love them.

Bookmark   June 22, 2010 at 10:50PM
texaswild

BEAUTIFUL, FLAG. Was wondering when you were gonna put those together. You did a fabulous job. I've been weeding/ mulching every morning for two weeks - believe me - I'll hire this job done in the future. Think I can finish up today and get back to mosaics.

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 6:40AM
Calamity_J

I L.O.V.E. Totems!!! AND I REALLY like Tall ones like these!!! Go Big or Go Home!lol! I'm like a chicken with my head cut off these days and my Art Room looks like a tornado hit it!Off to visit Little Cindy LooHoo..er, Klinger today!!! FUN FUN FUN!!!

Bookmark   June 23, 2010 at 11:31AM
flagtruck

Thanks to all of you. I am glad you like them. I now have rebar stuck in the ground all over my beds awaiting the next additions when I get them grouted. I must make some more marbles tho. I have thought about looking at WalMart for some bright kids balls and punch holes in them and skewer them too, maybe nerf balls? I will keep on thinking about what else to use. I have some pringles cans painted and awaiting holes in top and bottom for rebar...Slow, I just ran out of storage space and had to stack some of these pieces vertically. I set up my drill press with my glass cutting bits and drill the cups now, what a backsaver. LOL

Bookmark   June 25, 2010 at 7:55PM
Calamity_J

Oh! Sounds like a great way to do your drilling! Darn, I got rid of my drill press...will have to scrounge another one!

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 1:19AM
More Discussions
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™