Are There 'Bottom-Up' Blinds?

gardenzJanuary 6, 2010

I know there are bottom-up or roll-up shades and roman shades that have control mechanisms allowing them to be raised UP from the sill to any desired height on the window. But does such a thing exist for blinds? I'm talking regular, slat, tilting, mini-blinds.

For privacy reasons during certain parts of the day, I want to be able to raise blinds from the sill to, say, halfway up the window while leaving the top portion clear of any blind covering. I'd raise them all the way up at night, of course.

I've scoured the internet for such a thing and come up empty. Anyone have a clue on this one?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

There is only one treatment that I am aware of that might be close to what you looking for. It's called a silhouette by hunter douglas with the top down bottom up feature. They have good pics on there web site.

    Bookmark   January 7, 2010 at 5:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Yes, we have the silouettes.

There is also a commercial version made by an affiliated company.

    Bookmark   January 7, 2010 at 5:46PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89
We're getting ready to remodel our kitchen and DR,...
Replace or Repair?
We are about to purchase a home outside Columbus, OH...
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
Deciding between Marvin, Pella, Anderson, and Lincoln
We are adding a small addition to our home, and at...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™