clothes dryer

gibsonaJune 30, 2009

Just a quick question - I've been looking for cement mixer to use as tumbler for bunch of bottles but can't find 1 close enough to me. So, will an old dryer that no longer heats up work? I see tons of those free on craigslist! Would love to have 1 to play with this long weekend.

Have a good one.

Ann

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

What a novel idea. Guess you'd have to experiment. Do you not have a Harbor Frieght near enough? When I was contemplating getting a cement mixer, they had one for just under $100.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 9:36AM
flagtruck

And to add to what Slow said, I got one a couple years ago and use it for cement and to tumble my plate shards and anything else I want to tumble, I throw in about a cup of sand with each load and add water to cover, turn it on and let it go to town. I usually tumble each load about an hour and then check it, dump into a plastic basket and rinse with water. Then lay them out to dry. I wore out two rock tumblers before I decided to put my cement mixer to use. I really don't believe a clothes dryer would work as there is no way for it to hold water..and you might get quite a shock if the water and electrical mix.

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 7:00PM
gibsona

What a dork I am!! I forgot about the water!! So glad I asked the experts first! HaHa
Ann

Bookmark   June 30, 2009 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
Gold Kinky Boots
Now I'm blinging out the master bath. My poor hubby...
brokenbitmosaics
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™