guest attire

marzenaApril 27, 2004

I'm invited to a wedding in June. The mass is on Saturday at one o'clock in the afternoon and the reception at five o'clock. I have no clue what should I wear. I only know that I don't want to wear the same outfit to church and to the reception. Please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springbride04

Well, you know it's going to be warm if it's in JUNE!! However, you will be in a pretty formal church if they are having a mass. You will need to wear something comfortable and cool yet semi-formal. I would suggest maybe a pants outfit--nice pants (maybe black or of a solid springy color)with a sleeveless top (colored or white). You could add a jacket if you needed to be a little more dressed up for the mass and then take the jacket off at the reception in a more laid back environment.

Goodluck!!

Bookmark   April 27, 2004 at 8:57PM
mary_md7

If you don't want to wear the same thing, then I'd wear a nice daytime dress for the mass (something you'd normally wear to a restaurant luncheon or church service) and change into a more "social" outfit for the reception.

Bookmark   April 28, 2004 at 7:31AM
scarlett2001

I wonder why they split it like that? Photos? Personal partying? Church schedules? It's kind of inconvenient for the guests and takes up the whole Saturday. Plus to me, it seems to break the mood, having a pause of several hours in there. I see it being done a lot though, so there must be a good reason.

Bookmark   April 30, 2004 at 12:00PM
spewey

Scarlett, usually it is because the couple can't wait for the wedding night.

Bookmark   May 1, 2004 at 1:23AM
spewey

Scarlett, usually it is because the couple can't wait for the wedding night.

Bookmark   May 1, 2004 at 1:24AM
joann23456

Having the service in the morning and the reception in the evening is common in some social groups. Often people don't even come to the ceremony, which I find a little sad.

I do think this works better when most people live nearby and can go home. When we were young, we always had to take a nap during this time to be ready to stay up late!

Bookmark   May 1, 2004 at 9:41AM
More Discussions
Wedding Gift For Parents
I want to give something special to my parents on their...
sachishah
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™