Headboard finally started

cathyscacheJune 6, 2009

Hi all, I finally started my rock and agate headboard today. (Sorry not the best pic). I was going to just do rocks but decided after I was done for the day and was looking at it I also want to add glass. So tomorrow I will have to remove about 8 or 10 rocks and will add some glass. These are the pieces my neighbor gave me and the beautiful colors won't show until their sealed but they all have gorgeous colors. This is going on an antique log bed that was my husbands parents. We will attach with bands on the back so we don't have to drill holes in the posts of the bed. Anyway I've finally back at it, I get cranky when I'm not mosaicing!!!! Later all

Here is a link that might be useful: Headboard WIP

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Know what you mean about withdrawal symptoms. This w/be interesting to watch the colors emerge. What kind of glass - colors? Anxious to see.

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 8:15AM
Calamity_J

Oh I Love stones!!! This will be gorgeous!!

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 10:31AM
flagtruck

How beautiful...definitely something you will both be proud of and I know it will set off the antique bed.

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 11:17AM
cathyscache

I think dark glass, it seems to set look best with the rocks...Gives the piece a classic look...

Bookmark   June 6, 2009 at 12:04PM
cathyscache

Well I almost finished but ran out of steam. So here is what I got done today. I sware I cannot take a good pic to save my soul!!! The colors are much prettier than I can get the darn pics to show so I guess you'll just have to take my word for it. I just have a little more glass to put on to be finished. I put a coat of finish on the rocks. Grouting is much easier w/ a coat or 2 of finish already on. (wipes right off) anyway I'll finish tonight if I can't sleep or tomorrow and grout on Mon..night all

Here is a link that might be useful: Headboard WIP

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 12:58AM
texaswild

WOW - the red really shows well, and the green. I can just imagine, now, the pretty colors. You surely work fast.

Bookmark   June 7, 2009 at 7:55AM
cathyscache

I finished the front and started gluing black viterous glass on the edge, but didn't have enough. Ordered more so I'm at a stand still till it gets here. Just my luck. I thought I had more but dug and dug and well you know the rest of the story...Hurry up and wait....Story of my life....Anyway it should be here Wed or Thur and I'll finish and grout as soon as it is....Later

Here is a link that might be useful: Headboard

Bookmark   June 8, 2009 at 11:19AM
nicethyme

OMG its STUNNING! (((appplause))) I really love this look Cathy, its so unique. and those stones are gorgeous

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 7:54PM
cathyscache

Thanks Nice, Slow, the rocks are way more beauiful than I can get the pics to show....And hubby and I just love the rustic look so it just fits us to a Tee.....But I've been told I'm probably going to make the top floor crash into the botton floor if I don't stop adding rocks and agates!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not gonna happen we have major BIG BEAMS holding things up!!!! But he has to tease whenever he can!!!!!!! He gives me a bad time about my agate and rock obsession, but the fact is he loves them too!!!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 9:49PM
nanatricia

Yes that is so coooollllll!!!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 9:50PM
mermaidmosaics

Cathy,

that is GORGEOUS!!! I love the total uniqueness of this headboard. The glass really blends well with those agates!! You go girl!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2009 at 9:56PM
More Discussions
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™