Guests: lists, lists, lists! (management)

Carrie BApril 2, 2006

As I write out my list(s) of people to invite, and try to estimate number of guests that will be at the wedding, I realize that I need your organizational help.

There are a bunch of different numbers I think I need:

1. Number of invitations to order (number of households invited).

2. Number of people who will be at the wedding.

a. Adults (& kids of a certain age)

b. Number of children.

Since the wedding will be buffet style, with no assigned seating, it won't be so difficult, but I'll have to get the ages of children (there are many many infants/toddlers/small children among my family who will be invited) and figure out how to list them.

How have you all handled the guest list(s)? Did you do an excel spreadsheet? Several of them?

CarrieB (an organizations mess)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Creating an Excel spreadsheet works well. You can also include columns for gifts received and note the date that a thank you note was sent. It keeps everything in one place. It will take some time to create, but once done, things will be relatively easy to maintain.

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 12:16PM
sburkhart

Congratulations Carrie, I tend to agree with sweet pea. I think it will be benefical for you to do it that way. You could also print out yourself a copy and carry it where ever you go to do "Wedding Planning". That way you can make notations to yourself on it and change whatever on the original spreadsheet.

Best of Luck to you.

Bookmark   April 3, 2006 at 5:24PM
gellchom

And after the wedding, SAVE THAT LIST. It will need updating over the years, but boy, have I ever used the list from our wedding, almost 24 years ago, over the years. (Of course, it isn't on a computer -- it's in my late dad's printing on REAL spreadsheet paper!) For more recent (=computer age) events, I did lists on the computer, of course (although I just used a Word table; I do think Excel would be better), so they are easy to use, find, and update. You'll be surprised how often they come in handy for one thing or another.

Bookmark   April 5, 2006 at 10:46AM
More Discussions
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
Great wedding ideas!
My son's wedding is finally over! It was wonderful!...
granny2ricky
Shower for out of town bride
I am the mother of the bride. My daughter has moved...
tarpon
wedding on a budget with 300 guest! help
My fiancé and I are getting married October this...
jrlong
Wedding Gift For Parents
I want to give something special to my parents on their...
sachishah
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™