pgt 2100, 2300, spectra differences

williemonJanuary 17, 2011

An update to an older post with a new question. Im in georgia and My builder for a new house has a good source for each the simontom 5500 and the pgt windows. Upon more reading and looking at pics of the details, I think I like the pgt better for its std glass package and the look of the sash and frame.

My builder says I have about 47 openings in a 3400 to 3500 sq ft two story house. His supplier is saying the pgt 2100 is the new construction version of the spectraguard that I had mentioned to him. I read the info and all looks good to me. Is there a difference I do not know about between the 2100 and the spectraguard besides maybe a nail fin? I also see there is a 2300 but cant tell what the difference is.

I also notice that the pgt 2100 and spectraguard lines are not that old. Would anyone have any reservations about trusting these lines in the long term?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abeg

The main thing to look for is the overall glass thickness. Both companies are very reputable, so there are no issues there. Don't buy a new construction window that has an "applied" nail fin. You are asking for water leaks if in is not flashed correctly.

I would not be concerned about the length of time that the PGT 2100 series has been in the field. It is a well designed product.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another alternative

Bookmark   February 5, 2011 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Quick advice re: matching door and window grills & transom size
I have french doors sitting between two sets of side...
happyallison
Contractor introduced me to yet another window, Vi Win Tech windows???
A building contractor we are using for a garage guesthouse...
happyallison
Which LoE coating ?
New construction. House located in Knoxville, Tennessee Front...
buildinse
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Replacement and New Coastal Impact Windows
We are doing major renovation on a waterfront home...
roenie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™