Okna 400, 500 800?

pjs755January 25, 2013

Hey there,
New member, first post. I've been reading about windows on the forum. We need new windows, and I'm looking hard at Okna. What are the real differences between the three series? The local dealer made it seem the differences were purely cosmetic.

If you had to choose between using 800 series to do half the house, or the 400 series to do the whole house now, which would you choose? Performance and longevity are my primary concerns.

Replacing single pane with triple track storms...

Paul

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HomeSealed

I'd choose the 500 ;P ... Seriously, if you are just going white or almond and you don't care about the metal handles, I think that the 500 offers the best bang for the buck. There are some structural differences as you go down the line (look at the DP and AI ratings) due to thinner extrusion, etc, but the 400 is still a very stout unit. If you can't afford to do the whole place with the 500, you still won't go wrong with the 400. It may be Okna's entry level, but it is still in the very upper echelon of vinyl windows. Whichever option you choose, go for the deluxe (DX). Adds foam in the frames and sashes and locking screens on the Dh's.

Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 11:43AM
PRO
Windows on Washington Ltd

+1

The 500 is my favorite offering and probably the most popular window that we sell, hands down. Great blend of performance and value.

Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 8:20AM
Glazed-and-Confused

PJS755, Are you in fact finding that the Okna 800 is twice the price as the 400, as one might deduce from your "whole house vs half house" description of your decision making? In any case, good luck - Okna is a stellar performer based on my limited research.

Bookmark   February 19, 2013 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
Replacement windows. okna vs alside
I have contracted for home window replacement with...
thebinns
Dual pane window retrofit, for sound blocking, question on thickness.
Been looking at options on vinyl windows with better...
mystrwizard
And then there were 3 - new build window package quotes in - thoughts?
So we have final bids on the 3 options we are down...
dfb_jlw
Any opinions on Hurd H3?
I know Hurd is not well-regarded here on GW but the...
song_ca
need window advice about a retro fit window in new opening thats finis
can i put a retro fit in a new window opening if i...
abatt64
Sponsored Products
AICO Furniture - Windsor Court Sideboard in Vintage Fruitwood -...
Great Furniture Deal
Celina Dark Rust And Canary Glass LED Chandelier
$414.00 | Bellacor
Halo 4 in. LED Retrofit Recessed Matte White Baffle Lighting Trim RL406830WH_ONL
$48.97 | Home Depot
L'Equip Dehydrator
Overstock.com
Signed Persian Nain 6x9 Wool and Silk 400 kpsi Hand Knotted Oriental Rug Sh14666
1800 Get A Rug
Florence Style Loft Armchair Loveseat and Sofa Set of 3 in Blue Tweed
$1,989.00 | LexMod
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™