Lincoln 4 panel slider and french door?

xrayvisionJanuary 16, 2010

Have searched and read some of the posts concerning lincoln windows. Have gotten some conflicting information concerning their durability, and it may have improved recently. Is there anyone with recent experience with their doors.

Considering Lincoln for a 10 ft 4 panel slider and a French door.

The other door I am considering is the Marvin Integrity/Full Line but they are definitely more expensive (7.5k versus 5k for Lincoln). The salesman really thinks the Lincoln door gives the most bang for the buck. I am buying Integrity windows, but the Lincoln external bronze matches the Integrity's.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
afsa

Personally I have not heard much. they have very little following on Long island but what little I have heard not much of it was good. The only product they make that I have heard was a good product was there Wood double Hung Sash Pac's

Bookmark   January 16, 2010 at 7:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnytop

We moved into a house that had Lincoln windows. Granted they were 30 years old, when we replaced the sliding glass door, it literally fell apart and away from the frame when they took it out. The windows were like ice cubes in the cold and we could have fried an egg on the tile floor in the summer. We replaced them with Marvin and our air conditioning bill was 2/3 what it was the year before. Heat has been similarly less so far as well.

Bookmark   January 17, 2010 at 1:32AM
More Discussions
Brand recommendation?
I would very much appreciate some recommendations on...
oakenacres
Matching window/patio door hardware to interior doors?
..reposted in remodeling... We will have white interior...
happyallison
Fiberglass Windows from Hardie????
We need to replace 3 windows in our family room. ...
dancingqueengw
Opinions on Sunrise vinyl sliders?
I bit the bullet and went with Okna windows! Not biting...
happyallison
Window Decision Time
Hi all, First, let me thank all of you for the information...
Chris
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™