Looking for color safe ribbon please.

CinderellaMarch 13, 2006

My future DIL has asked me to post this to see if anyone can help us find what we need. Here is her question:

I have a favor to ask. I need to find out what type of ribbon to buy to give to my cake lady for our cake. She said she needs a type of ribbon that won't bleed onto the cake icing (red ribbon on white icing). I've been searching online looking for an answer, but thought maybe you could post a message on a few of the forums that you visit and see if anyone knows anything. My mom and I asked at Michael's on Sat. and they didn't know anything. I'd like to use a claret red satin ribbon about 1 1/2 - 2 inches wide.Thanks!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

I have seen ribon used on cakes often in the last year or so and none of them have bled. Have you tried purchasing a small piece of the ribbon of your choice and experimenting with it at home? I believe that the satin ribbon is better to use than the grosgrain type, which definitely bleeds.

Bookmark   March 14, 2006 at 8:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
talley_sue_nyc

the ribbon that *will* bleed is usually the papery ribbon.

Any decent fabric ribbon shouldn't bleed onto the cake. Or, if it does (test it first, maybe w/ butter or something), you might be able to eliminate that w/ prewashing.

If you want to splurge, call the folks at MasterstrokeCanada (which is the main ribbon source for Martha Stewart Weddings) and order your ribbon fromthem; i hear the folks there are real nice, and they'll be able to tell you whether you'll have a problem w/the ones they sell.
http://www.masterstrokecanada.com/
866-249-7677

Bookmark   March 17, 2006 at 12:15PM
More Discussions
Mother of the Groom dress
Our son will be getting married August 2, outdoors. I...
sidnee
Exciting Proposal?
I think YES! This is my dear friend! I can't wait for...
Jessica1717
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
What wedding gifts (if any) did you get from parents/inlaws?
...And what wedding gift(s) if any did you give your...
jewelisfabulous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™