How to edge a veil...

jaybirdMarch 9, 2005

with satin cording??? I asked this question earlier in the sewing forum, but just happened to think of this one!!! My DGD wants me to make her veil, but she wants it edged with satin cording. My sewing machine will not move the illusion AND the cording forward at the same rate of speed, so I have a mess. I tried flexible fabric glue and it shows...does anyone have an idea for me. I'd rather not have to sew it all on by hand, but that is the way it is looking at this moment.

SINCERE thanks for any help!

Jaybird

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grace3

I have made two veils, but neither one was edged with the satin cording (one had a plain unfinished edge and the other had the ruffled lettuce-edge). However, the link below has the best directions I have found for making a veil. Perhaps something on this website will give you some hints. Good luck!!

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make a veil

Bookmark   March 9, 2005 at 8:58PM
dian57

Just a thought--try placing tissue paper under the illusion and on top of the cording to stabilize the layers. Then trim the illusion.

Bookmark   March 10, 2005 at 6:07AM
jaybird

Thank you so much for your help and the link...I have used tissue before, I don't know why I didn't think of that!! I appreciate your time!!

Bookmark   March 10, 2005 at 10:46AM
More Discussions
Greek wedding
Hi, My son is marrying into a wonderful, large, very...
robins143
small wedding dilemma
My daughter and her fiancee have just gotten engaged...
Kathy Harrington
His/her point of view
DH and I went to his niece's wedding last Sat. and...
scarlett2001
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™