Table favor poem...

borderbelleMarch 27, 2006

My daughter is getting married and for table favors, I made little seed packets, containing pansy and marigold seeds. I had originally thought to just put their names and wedding date on the packets, then realized everyone will wonder the signifigance of the seeds....

So now, I think I should add a few lines, but my brain has cratered out on creativity....and any help would be most appreciated....

Gratefully...Kim K

Wedding is April 8, 2006

Karie loves pansies

Justin...marigolds

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage, Kim K!

Why do you think anyone will wonder about the significance of the seeds? If I were one of your guests, I would just assume that the significance is "party favor."

Do you mean that you want the guests to know that these are their favorite flowers? If so, perhaps you could attach a little note that says something like:

Thank you for celebrating with us.
We hope you will enjoy these pansies and marigolds -- our favorite flowers -- in your garden this summer.
Karie & Justin
April 8, 2006

I don't think you need a poem; in fact, I usually find them kind of cutesy. Just MHO. Besides, anyone who can write vivid prose like "my brain has cratered out on creativity" doesn't need meter and rhyme!

Bookmark   March 27, 2006 at 5:50PM
nancylouise_gw

When our friends were married a few years ago they had a country themed wedding. It was a casual affair. They got married in a field at a bird sanctuary. The reception was held in a large barn. For favors they had on the tables 3" high terra cotta flower pots. They had decorated the outside of the pots with their names, the date of the wedding, a simple design of a vine and flower.I believe they used a paint pen. Inside the pot they put a small envelope filled with flower seeds. The poem on the outside of the envelope read;

Silly ideas make happy the bride & groom
so plant these seeds and think of them
when the wild flowers bloom.

I doubt that people will wonder what the significance of the flowers mean. I know my husband and the guests at our table didn't. It was just a cute favor that went along with the country theme. NancyLouise

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 8:03AM
earthlydelights

kim

what about something like:

Please plant these seeds and watch them bloom, just like Justin and Karie, the bride and groom!

Best of luck and congratulations!

maryanne

Bookmark   March 29, 2006 at 9:01AM
More Discussions
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
Great wedding ideas!
My son's wedding is finally over! It was wonderful!...
granny2ricky
Only one not invited to wedding
A couple at my church that I thought were my friends...
jashley
Exciting Proposal?
I think YES! This is my dear friend! I can't wait for...
Jessica1717
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™