Fiance wants to invite an ex-girlfriend to Wedding
So my fiance wants to invite his ex-girlfriend to the wedding. Not only that, but now I think he's trying to get her invited to the Rehearsal Dinner also. I, obviously, would prefer that she disappeared off the face of this planet.
Now I know that these cases are extremeley fact specific, and whether I'm reasonable in feeling this way, or just being immature really depends on these facts, so here are some details:
1. I knew the fiance was good friends with his ex-gf, and didn't mind until after I met her. After I met her is when she really started to bother me.
2. When we met, she was really possessive of my fiance. For example, when he put his hand on my arm and started rubbing it, she immediately flung her body accross the entire dinner table just so she could rub his arm and comment on "how cute that was."
3. She also commented on a necklace of mine that the fiance had given me. But instead of saying, "I like your necklace" she said "I like your [insert fiance's name]" Freudian slip on her part? Honest mistake caused by too much wine? You can decide.
4. She lives on the other side of the country. But my fiance had to spend about 1 month in her city for work, and would meet up with her a lot during this time. After he came back, he slipped up and called me by her name. That was probably the last straw that made me decide: I really don't like this girl.
5. To be fair, he doesn't talk with her much anymore, and he has cut back on talking with her a lot (compared to how much he did before we met)
6. However, I happened to bring up her name the other day, and I think that sparked his memory of "his good friend" because now he seems interested in trying to talk to her again and, as I mentioned before, he seems interested in inviting her to the Rehearsal Dinner. (mistake on my part...I should have refrained from talking about her..!)
So, at any rate, she's invited to the wedding. And I'm not going to veto that since she's a good friend of his. However, I'm obviously hating the fact that she'll be there. And if the fiance does try to invite her to the Rehearsal Dinner, I'm definitely fighting that (my belief is that the Rehearsal Dinner should be wedding party and immediate family only).
I guess my question is, am I just being mature and insecure, and I should just try to let this all go? Or do I actually have a reason to be upset? Anyone else go through similar situations?