Free Lawn Decorations

craftylady-2006December 3, 2006

I found all of these Christmas lawn decorations. The trees do light up but everything else needs to be restrung with lights. I just like that I now have lawn decorations for the holiday whereas I used not to and I have a little holiday scene in my small front yard. There is the Santa sleigh, five reindeer (4 large, 1 baby one), the street lamp pole, and the two trees. I also found the white spray painted branches with the bows on them.

Sal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

WHere did you find them ???? AWESOME ........

Bookmark   December 4, 2006 at 6:57PM
craftylady-2006

Toomuchglass - I found them out curb shopping. Not all in the same place, here and there around town, for the past couple of months, driving around to a store or wherever. I found the Santa sleigh and two more of the large reindeer last week as I was going to work. I was sooooo happy to find the sleigh. Now I just need a Santa. My neighbor has one that her kids broke, maybe she'll toss it over the fence to me (LOL).

Sal

Bookmark   December 5, 2006 at 8:32PM
toomuchglass

WOW .... I'm in AWE ! You sure did good . I can't think of anything to say but " way to go !" !!!!

***BIG SMILE !***

Bookmark   December 6, 2006 at 11:47PM
Sandi_W

What a wonderful find! I love your Christmas decos. Sandi

Bookmark   December 18, 2006 at 7:27AM
catlady15

I love this kind instead of the kind made out of wood.We have those made out wood.I hate getting them out of storage,and sitting them up.Its a major job.You did so good finding them.

Bookmark   December 20, 2006 at 4:31AM
arcy_gw

If you decide to restring them, our neighbor had a white deer and took lights and just looped them around the frame. Looked easier to do then replacing the lights as the manuf. strung them. If it were me I would have used WHITE corded lights instead of green. During the day it looks..odd. I would love to find some old brown deer, animals. I would forget the lights and leave them in my woods all year.

Bookmark   December 22, 2006 at 10:31AM
craftylady-2006

Arcy, Thank you for the restringing idea. I was thinking, boy that's a lot of work to restring them, how can I do without spending a fortune on lights. I have seen the brown deer around town and they look better than the white I think so I even thought of taking off the lights completely on the deer and spray painting mine brown. As for other animals, a neighbor down the street has a "cow" - it's soooo cute, got the black spots on the side with a little Santa hat. Further down there is an ice igloo and some penguins, very pretty.

Sal

Bookmark   December 24, 2006 at 8:41AM
arcy_gw

I too thought of just spray painting over the white, so now I am on a mission. Save the land fills from unwanted animals. Send me your darkened deer, moose, bear I will give them permenant homes under the oaks guarding my hosta!

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 8:52AM
lynnencfan

OMG - what amazing finds - I REALLY need to get out on trash days - the ideas for using them are endless - from restringing them for Christmas to using them in your lawn year round - have fun......

Lynne

Bookmark   January 13, 2007 at 12:18PM
ttrbb

I know this is an old post, but I'm kinda new and am skimming through all the awesome posts here. Congrats on you great finds! Those are so expensive, what a deal!I had a funny thought when you answered toomuchglass's question about where you found them- curb shopping.....how close were they to the curb? :) couldn't resist!

Bookmark   February 3, 2007 at 6:10PM
craftylady-2006

They were super close to the curb TTRBB, they were being thrown out. That's fair game around here!

Sal

Bookmark   February 5, 2007 at 8:04PM
More Discussions
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Sponsored Products
Santa Barbara Weathered Wood 2-piece Square Lantern Set
Overstock.com
Lights, Camera, Action Ornament
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
Darya Rugs Ziegler, Gold, 8'2" x 9'6" M1785-124
Darya Rugs
Modern Indoor/Outdoor LA Rugs Silky Shag Lavender 1 ft. 11 in. x 7 ft. 3 in.
Home Depot
Kansas City Royals Wind Chime
$21.99 | zulily
Afina Signature Collection Single Door 24W x 30H in. Recessed Medicine Cabinet M
$808.50 | Hayneedle
Series 888 Opal Matte 9-Inch Square Flush Mount Ceiling Light
$108.00 | Bellacor
"Into the Light" Seascape Print - MULTI COLORS
$1,100.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™