Which date do I use?

luvmytbearMarch 10, 2007

Probably a dumb question, but since we are having the wedding and the reception on two different dates, I don't know which date to put on the favor tags.

I put our wedding date on the toasting flutes because we're using them on the cruise too. At least THAT made sense! :)

What do you think? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Generally you use the date of the wedding even if the reception will occur at a later date, since the reception is celebrating the wedding. Another option is to omit the date from the tag and include your names and a phrase such as "Always and Forever," something that will visually fill the tag.

Bookmark   March 10, 2007 at 12:38PM
gellchom

I would just leave off the date. You say you're talking about tags, not the gift itself, so why do you even need to put the date on there at all -- for that matter, I don't think you even need a tag at all. (Actually, I don't even particularly like favors, period, at a wedding, but that's just MHO and completely beside the point.)

If you are talking about engraving or printing on the item itself, I'd use the date of the wedding, not the party, but I'd encourage you not to engrave/print on the favor anyway. Your guests will enjoy a picture frame, vase, or whatever in their home more if it doesn't have someone else's name or wedding date on it.

Bookmark   March 11, 2007 at 11:14AM
luvmytbear

Thank you for your input. I'm making the tags on my computer (I'm cheap like that! lol). We're doing little steel pails with chocolate shells in them (that I'm making myself too!)

I agree with you, gellchom, about getting favors at weddings that aren't useful. I just wanted to put a thank you note on the pails, that way the tag does come off and the little pails are reuseable as votive or tealight holders that look good in any home.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 11:53PM
More Discussions
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
What is your opinion on 'Farewell Sparklers'?
Have you used, are you going to use, or do you know...
Lindsey7
Only one not invited to wedding
A couple at my church that I thought were my friends...
jashley
Sponsored Products
Premium Furniture/Cabinet Polish - 16 oz.
Signature Hardware
Fontignac 5-quart Red Round French Oven
Overstock.com
Tom Dixon | Peg Bar Stool
YLiving.com
Florence Style Loft Armchair and Loveseat 2 Piece Set in Orange Tweed
$1,249.00 | LexMod
Malibu Outdoor Lighting. Low Voltage LED Gun Metal Gray Contemporary Pathway Lig
$29.97 | Home Depot
Hunters Lodge Wall Sconce -Rubbed Oil Bronze
$56.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™