Books on Distressing / Painting Furniture & Cabinets?

bradespDecember 23, 2004

I'm looking for a well illustrated / photograph based Faux / distressing book. I want to paint some existing peices (that are now a natural pine or oak finish) in flat black and sand through the finish to created that "distressed look" shabby-chic look.

Can anyone point me to a decent website or book on the subject? I'm NOT after a true "faux" finish, instead I want a worn look achieved through paint and physical abuse.



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'd look for something by Debbie Travis...she's very good with paint tehcniques. I know she has a few books out and she has a tv show ...tho at the moment I can't remember what's called Painted House.

    Bookmark   December 23, 2004 at 4:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Check out Debbie's site, she'll have what you're looking for. Have fun!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Debbie has your answers

    Bookmark   December 26, 2004 at 12:11AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

currently at the bargain bin at borders...

think it's called 101 paint finishes.

got a pick of the same chair with four faux finishes (three antiqued, I might add)

just saw it this weekend, actually...and even I was impressed.

    Bookmark   December 27, 2004 at 4:13PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
Sponsored Products
First Edition Artwork
Grandin Road
American Drew Tribecca Rectangle Table Set - ADL4065
Area Rug: Smithsonian Golden Brown 5' x 8' Flatweave
Home Depot
GAN | Books Rug
Lexington Tower Place 55.25 x 28.25 Rectangular Wheaton Cocktail Table
$979.00 | LuxeDecor
Hopson Leather Chair - Brighton Sunset Orange
Joybird Furniture
Classic Credenza Small - Eastvold Furniture
$1,940.00 | HORNE
Snow-Capped Side Table in Walnut
$169.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™