Planter Project

Calamity_JMay 2, 2011

The Plan: ridgid foam insulation wrapped with wire mesh, skimcoated with cement, mosaiced. This will be for a nice espaliered fruit tree that I want to live on my covered deck. Haven't worked out all the details yet, like feet, rainage, depth, etc, but I did go buy the foam...and on my way, I stopped at the local Recycle center and someone had dropped off a perfectly good garden shredder yesterday, it is in Great shape($150)!!! I have everything I need to start this project, so stay tuned....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
concretenprimroses

You are so full of ideas! And then you actually do them.
What an inspiration you are.
Kathy

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 8:26PM
texaswild

Yeeeeeeehaw - here she goes. Since you are using the foam, w/you only use one layer of the diamond lath? This is gonna be soooooo interesting to watch.

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 8:34AM
loribee2

Ooh, I can't wait! And lucky you on the shredder. I've been eyeing one of those for a while.

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 9:20AM
Calamity_J

Man, Garden web didn't post my whole entry, I paid $40 for the shredder and $150 for the cement mixer. So far I figured out/cut the foam, so the planter is going to be 3ft long x 2ft wide x 2ft high, and will be square with sq ft. Kinda plain, but don't really want to spend a lot of time on this project, have a Gnome bed and rose bed to build and plant up. Plus I have tons of garden feature ideas...pedastals/GOG windows/more planters(Slow design types). I will have to see how this planter will look as I go along, to see if it will be too heavy if I mosaic it...maybe I could put some wheels on it!!! Rolling planter!!!

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 10:05AM
Calamity_J

I plan on using double wire lath cuz I want this to be super sturdy.

Bookmark   May 3, 2011 at 10:08AM
More Discussions
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™