Old Wood Ironing Board

doterooDecember 2, 2010

Any ideas what to do with an old wood ironing board? The best I can come up with is to remove the legs and saw it in half and use the half with the smaller rounded end to make a pot rack. Would that look junky?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soxxxx

At the Canton TX trade days I see many of them with scenes painted on them. I bought one that has roses and I stand it up in a corner of a room with a rose theme. Some use them in an erect position as an extra table at cookouts or buffets.

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 6:07PM
sunnyca_gw

I've seen them as plant tables, sometimes with a lace cloth on it near a sunny window. Shows off plants! Could be used to display a collection. I know some people have reused them on here so go up to "search" at top of page & type in "Old wood ironing board" should get some responses! Jan

Bookmark   December 2, 2010 at 11:38PM
shysue

I used one to decorate the wall in my laundry room. I have another one that I put in the dining room to use as a buffet when the family comes over. I have seen some really pretty painted ones, but I can't paint so I have to decoupage them.

Bookmark   December 3, 2010 at 3:25PM
aka_strawberrygoat

there could be a way to see it as a total mosaic...over on garden junk, a long time ago, one lady did that and others followed her lead and there could be some available as a search on garden junk...good luck..
they all were awesome~
could also find some on google search for images..tho I haven't done that search..just an idea

Bookmark   December 5, 2010 at 8:55PM
club53

Some people paint them with an old world Santa and stand him wherever they need a santa

Bookmark   December 6, 2010 at 5:46PM
forboystoo

or something like this....

Here is a link that might be useful: http://confessionsofacurbshopaholic.blogspot.com/2010/12/subway-art-hard-way-for-laundry-room.html

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 10:58AM
doteroo

Thanks for all the great ideas!

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 8:38PM
Tigerlil

No suggestions here but I love Shysue's laundry room!

Bookmark   January 10, 2011 at 10:19PM
BirdieBlue

Heh! I still use mine for ironing!

Bookmark   February 13, 2011 at 11:40PM
concretenprimroses

Me too birdie blue! I so prefer my wooden one to a gangly finger snapping metal one. Actually I have 2. I must admit I do like the holiday painting idea, tho I would do a halloween decoration rather than Christmas I think.
Kathy

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 8:52AM
luvs2click

I LOVE ironing boards!! I have two wooden ones I use at my craft shows as display tables. In my home, I use one in front of a large window for plants. They are rustic and look great, yet skinny, so don't take up a lot of room. I also have 2 metal ones hanging in the garage that get a lot of use. I set them up as portable potting tables when I am working with my perennials. The dirt falls through the holes and just sweep it up. Then when we have a campfire and the kids want to do hotdogs/marshmallows, etc., they move out into the yard as portable side tables to keep the eats up away from the dog. They are SOOO useful. I also use mine inside at the computer or my scrapbooking table - whenever I need more work space - they can be lowered to be comfortable to reach while sitting at a chair - so one beside my computer desk is sooo handy - my chair just rotates over and it gives me a lot more space when dealing with paperwork. I think ironing boards are one of the world's greatest inventions!

Bookmark   March 19, 2011 at 7:34PM
More Discussions
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™