Where do you put favors?

luvmytbearFebruary 23, 2007

This may sound like a goofy question, but I'm not sure how exactly this is done!

We're going to do two sets of favors. One is a flip flop decorated candle holder and the other is a little steel sand pail filled with candy. I planned on putting a candy pail at each place setting for the dinner so everyone had one, but I'm at a loss with the candles. We are not doing table seating other than bride and groom and parents; everyone can sit where they want to.

Obviously the candles are not intended for the kids (hence the candy pails). I want all the adults to receive the candles, but don't know where to put them. By the cake table? The guest book? Do I just hand them out to everyone? (That option doesn't appeal to me though, I'll be busy enough! lol)

Thank you for any suggestions!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

There are a couple of ways to handle your situation. You can place the candles by the guest book at the reception, if you take it there, or on a table near the entry door so that everyone can take one when they arrive. Another option is to place the candles in a basket and ask a couple of children to distribute them during the reception after the meal. Kids love to do this and guests are always willing to take something from a child. You will have enough to do without you handing out the favors.

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 6:17PM
shopmysongs

We had champagne glass candles with almonds attached in a net & flowers for every couple & candy for everyone. The candy was put at the tables in their place settings & the candles were handed out to the women as they entered & were greated. Women care more about that stuff than guys. So each couple had a candle to share & candy for everyone.

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 5:52PM
lindac

If you are not having people sit at a place setting, presumably they will be table hopping, I would have some one hand them out as people leave. People really don't want to have candle holder in their hands during a party and they will put them down on the table and lforget them. Give them out as they leave...as a remembrance.

Linda C

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 12:38AM
More Discussions
Thinking about not having a dinner
Hi, we are slowly making plans for our upcoming wedding,...
Chrissielou
Only one not invited to wedding
A couple at my church that I thought were my friends...
jashley
combined maid of honor/best man speech?
so I'm the maid of honor in my sisters wedding this...
becca1225
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
Shouldn't Parents Get a Thank You Note?
I'm wondering why I'm even asking this, but times have...
Karen10125
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™