Recycle An Old Christmas Card and Frame

kudzukweenDecember 6, 2009

I paid a nickel for a wooden 4x6 frame at a yard sale, and used one of Hoss' Christmas cards, also 4x6, and made this. I used cheap white school glue as a crackle medium and painted it white, then added paint and glitter to the card. Easy! I set it on a dollar store plate easel. Makes a great gift! How to's on my blog :D

Merry Christmas!

kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kacram

I like it kween!

Bookmark   December 6, 2009 at 5:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Like the idea of crackling with glue!! Came out nice. Like the canning lid ideas also! Cherry, go over on Holidays & check out the "Beach tree" The ornaments are beautiful so I took some tonight & painted them with metallic paint & then with "Twinkles glitter paint" I used a flat fan shell &Folkart metallic antique copper #666 (Can't believe they used that number???)While wet I painted over it with DecoArt red twinkles glitter paint. Another 1 FolkArt #660 Metallic pure gold it was thinner so let it dry awhile & then added DecoArt Twinkles Crystal- that glitter is wonderful, it gives blue, gold, pinkish etc look to your project & works so much better than another glitter paint or glue I have, it doesn't give much glitter effect at all. This is a very fine glitter, more of a shimmer effect I think & I love it & you don't need much either. Do wash out your brush very well tho or it will get hard & be ruined.I noticed i got the crystal on a little too thick so used clean brush to take some off. On this you can't tell how nice it will be until the next day when it is dry. it is slow drying so need plenty of drying time to get the full shimmer. Hoping I can send some to my DIL who is nuts about the Pacific Ocean!! Thought she might like a shimmer on their tree too!! No,you can't make a hole in a shell by heating a turkey screwer & trying to push it through,LOL so will use Weldbond to glue gold cord to back of shell. I only painted the fronts of shells so they can tell they are real shells. Jan

Bookmark   December 7, 2009 at 1:36AM
More Discussions
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™