OneKingsLane site et al
I have some questions about sites like OKL, Joss and Main, Ruelala, etc etc.
I have never purchased from these guys, but they all seem similar.
1. Do they all require you to "join" --- basically, give them your email, before you can even look? Am I paranoid to wonder if these guys are in the business of selling home furnishings or just trolling for valid emails of people we can assume have disposable income?
2. Do they not allow you to search, but instead force you to "wander" though the stores, hoping you will impulse shop. Is this like the supermarket putting the milk furthest from the door?
3. Do they all have a time element to encourage impulse shopping, too?
4. Do they offer unique goods or are they just curators?
5. Are shipping and return policies about par for the internet?