HELP rock tumbler ?'s

janofmnMay 9, 2009

I need some advice. I recent ly purchased a Lortone Rock Tumbler from an estate sale. There was no booklet or markings on the tumbler. I downloaded this from the Lortone website. My problem is replacing the rubber boot gasket. The old one resembled a flat, warped frisbee. I bought the 2 new one and I'm having a devil of a time getting them on the inner lid. Finally finished that but now I can't get the inner lid w/boot in the barrel. I ran it for a few days with the old gaskets but they were in such bad shape. I can't even tap the lid into the barrel groove with a hammer. What am I doing wrong?? I watched a video on U-tube and the lid just popped right in. I want to cry. I an so frustrated!!! The are no local places for me to take the tumbler for help. The closest is 75 miles away. Please help me. Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

Hey Jan, did you try emailing lortone? I know it is the weekend but they may get back to you on a weekday. I feel for ya, I get frustrations like that too!!!

Bookmark   May 9, 2009 at 8:22PM
ktulip11

You can get everything you need for your tumbler online. Ebay does sell what you need too, but they are overpriced...
Hope I helped

Here is a link that might be useful: Pieces of Me Mosaics

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 1:05PM
nicethyme

have you tried lubricating it with vasiline maybe

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 6:41PM
More Discussions
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™