Sunday wedding

socksFebruary 17, 2006

Is it appropriate to have a wedding at 11 a.m. on a Sunday?

I was thinking some people might be annoyed because it would interfere church, but most on the invitation list are not church-goers. However, I still feel a little uncomfortable with the time, more than the day.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sweet_pea10

Who will perform the ceremony? Can they come at that time? Personally, I would make it a bit later, such as 1 or 2 p.m., but if you want to have a reception lunch and your guests are not chuch goers, it may be fine.

Other considerations are: photos usually start 2 to 2 1/2 hours before the wedding, which would mean at 8:30 a.m. Will the bride have her hair done, and if so, when and by whom? And can it be done really early? Also, is the bride an early riser? She will need to be to have an 11 a.m. wedding. The rehearsal dinner, if held the night before, will need to be short so everyone can get to bed.

Bookmark   February 17, 2006 at 12:28PM
lindac

Regardless if most of your guests are church goers or not...marriage is still a sacrament and unless youa re being married by a JP in his office,11:))A.M on a Sunday is not appropriate. And even in a Jewish ceremony, Sunday morning is usually not done. See if you can't make it 2 hours later.
Linda C

Bookmark   February 18, 2006 at 6:34PM
Ideefixe

I was married in the Russian Orthodox church and Sunday is the ONLY day to get married. But, 11 am after a Saturday night rehearsal dinner might be a tich early. I think 1 would be a nicer time.

Bookmark   February 21, 2006 at 6:38PM
More Discussions
Wedding Poem
I need a poem from the mother of the bride to the mother...
LeAnn55
Exciting Proposal?
I think YES! This is my dear friend! I can't wait for...
Jessica1717
Wedding Gift For Parents
I want to give something special to my parents on their...
sachishah
Awkward Wedding Situation - Please help!
My stepdaughter is getting married in a couple months....
Karen10125
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™