Glass Bandsaw

becky_iaMay 18, 2008

Been thinking of purchasing a glass bandsaw. I guess I don't need one with all the bells & whistles, but one moderately priced. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

Becky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

I have the Taurus 3 Ringsaw and am quite happy with it! What I like about it is because it is a ring saw, I can cut at all angles, not just go straight ahead. I've even cut 1/2inch thick marble with it. It's def the cat's meow...

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 1:04AM
silvamae

I too have a Taurus 3 ringsaw and it has been a good one - - I have had it for about 3 years and have cut glass, pottery, porcelain, and even thick floor tiles (going very slowly). Still have not had to change the blade.

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 2:36PM
texaswild

I know there are BAND saws, as well as the Taurus, but it's been a long time since I checked them out. Didja Google your subject? I think I did once, when I was looking for a saw w/a large throat. I finally experimented w/my tile wet saw and discovered the wonderful things it does other than just cut tile. Recently cut the stems off wine glasses. W/try some bottles when time permits. CALAM has already done that. I use the Taurus for glass only, and the tile saw for hard stuff, like $store plates.

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 11:23AM
becky_ia

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Sounds like a Taurus is what I should get. I see it comes with an instructional DVD. I started a project that I will need to use it for right away. How hard is it to learn how to use? Will I need to have any special training?

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 9:21AM
silvamae

No. As I recall, I filled it up to the water line and started sawing. Mine didn't come with instructions. If you are usisng it inside, you should place a large towel under it so that water spray doesn't get on your work surface.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 9:29AM
More Discussions
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
Wonder Horse... getting started!
A couple weeks ago I introduced myself to you all and...
solstice98
Sponsored Products
Hinkley Lighting | Stowe Pendant Light
$459.00 | YLighting
Outdoor Lighting. Newcastle Collection Post-Mount 1-Light Outdoor Marbleized Mah
$78.00 | Home Depot
ELK Lighting Dimensions 3-Light Pendant - 12W in. - 70047-3
$358.00 | Hayneedle
Progress Lighting Mission Collection 1-Light Weathered Bronze Wall Lantern P5759
$82.26 | Home Depot
Colorful Glass Dragonfly Style Tiffany Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
Neon Green Apothecary Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Star Trek 10-Oz. Glass Set
$14.99 | zulily
Cinnamon Spice Anya Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™