Glass Bandsaw

becky_iaMay 18, 2008

Been thinking of purchasing a glass bandsaw. I guess I don't need one with all the bells & whistles, but one moderately priced. Does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions?

Becky

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

I have the Taurus 3 Ringsaw and am quite happy with it! What I like about it is because it is a ring saw, I can cut at all angles, not just go straight ahead. I've even cut 1/2inch thick marble with it. It's def the cat's meow...

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 1:04AM
silvamae

I too have a Taurus 3 ringsaw and it has been a good one - - I have had it for about 3 years and have cut glass, pottery, porcelain, and even thick floor tiles (going very slowly). Still have not had to change the blade.

Bookmark   May 19, 2008 at 2:36PM
texaswild

I know there are BAND saws, as well as the Taurus, but it's been a long time since I checked them out. Didja Google your subject? I think I did once, when I was looking for a saw w/a large throat. I finally experimented w/my tile wet saw and discovered the wonderful things it does other than just cut tile. Recently cut the stems off wine glasses. W/try some bottles when time permits. CALAM has already done that. I use the Taurus for glass only, and the tile saw for hard stuff, like $store plates.

Bookmark   May 21, 2008 at 11:23AM
becky_ia

Thanks so much for the suggestions. Sounds like a Taurus is what I should get. I see it comes with an instructional DVD. I started a project that I will need to use it for right away. How hard is it to learn how to use? Will I need to have any special training?

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 9:21AM
silvamae

No. As I recall, I filled it up to the water line and started sawing. Mine didn't come with instructions. If you are usisng it inside, you should place a large towel under it so that water spray doesn't get on your work surface.

Bookmark   May 23, 2008 at 9:29AM
More Discussions
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™