Is this dress ok for a wedding guest?

hedyaaaFebruary 24, 2011

So I have a summer wedding to attend. I know the bride and groom because they are my boyfriends flatmates. I bought this waist dress because it was in the sale and I loved it but never really had anything to wear it to

Do you think that would be ok to wear as a guest? I know the bride is wearing a simple straight down gown, I don't want to be overdressed. I love the dress, I just don't want to be the only person that doesn't wear a simple nice dress or skirt and nice top or something

Here is a link that might be useful: waist dress

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenoz

I'd have to say, it doesn't look that elaborate a dress to me. I would have described it as simple and nice. Unless the other guests are coming in shorts and t-shirts I would think you'd be fine.

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 4:39AM
suzieque

I agree. I don't see how you could be overdressed. In fact, you may want to have a shawl to have over your shoulders. I think it's a great dress and if you can pull it off, wear it and enjoy the wedding. If others aren't dressed as nicely, that won't reflect on you.

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 4:12PM
sweet_pea10

I agree; the dress is nice, though you may need a light sweater or shawl, depending on the location and time of day of the wedding.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 12:28PM
gellchom

It's a nice dress. I just wanted to add that if it will be a religious ceremony, definitely bring a shawl, scarf, or sweater to cover your shoulders during the ceremony.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 4:16PM
More Discussions
Exciting Proposal?
I think YES! This is my dear friend! I can't wait for...
Jessica1717
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
What to get for a wedding gift !!!
I have been invited to a wedding.The girl that is getting...
diana55
Flowers for an October wedding
Hi everyone! I'll be getting married next year and...
Bridejenna
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™