No Say in my home

mwtollandMay 5, 2009


Here is my problem. 11 years ago I met this loving kind man he had 3 children all above the age of 15 that lived with their mom in another state.We seen them often I had a 5 and 11 year old. Coming from an abusive marriage I had received a settlement and bought a home of course being naive I put my new loves name on deed. Now fast forward to now My son the youngest Lives with me 18 and my daughter who is in college Making a life for herself.

Now I get a drop off of a 27 year old (who has a child in another state)and has drug problems who is basically hiding from his obligations and guilt tripping his father to death. Without being told he was coming and is now camped out on my couch. I also suffer from Bi polar X stress and my otherhalf thinks this is no problem that he never asked me.My children help me out now their expected to be happy about this also. The 27 year old gets a roof all the food he can eat cigerettes you name it it is supplied. Should I leave my home Someone please help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

NO -- do not leave -- I would first suggest you try couples counseling with dh. I would also warn dh that nothing illegal goes on in the house while you try to work things out.

    Bookmark   May 5, 2009 at 8:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Unless it's on fire, don't ever leave your home!

It would give your husband & his son more space to enjoy their disfunctional relationship, & you'd be out of a place to live.

If anyone moves out, it must be the son &, if he has a problem with it, his father.

Warning either one of them that "nothing illegal" goes on in your home will not make any difference.

If this boy/grown man cared about what was illegal or where he did it, he wouldn't have a drug problem.

& the DEA (federal government) can confiscate the home if they find that it has been used for selling drugs.

which is how drug-users pay for their habit.

Get that guy out of your home.

    Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 12:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

A little offtopic -- but what od you mean that is how drug-users pay for their habit?

    Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 2:37PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

buying more than they use & selling the excess to pay for their own supply.

    Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 3:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Ok, excuse my ignorance. Honestly I would tell anyone who lives in my house, any signs of drugs and I calll the police.

    Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 4:29PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
end of rope
I thought I could do this. I have some good memories...
husband has new found 21 year old daughter
I am having a lot of trouble coping. Please dont beat...
Venting and disengaging
Since the horrible experience of my step daughter's...
Can I handle becoming a stepmom one day?
I just turned 36 earlier this month. My boyfriend and...
Marrying Widower with Adult Children
Somebody help me, please! I am about to marry a widower...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™