High end appliances?

ashie0324May 16, 2013

Hi All,
We are currently in the midst of a major reno which includes moving a kitchen that was just done in 2005. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the appliances, countertops or cabinetry--we just can't use them in our redo. I'm wondering if anyone knows the best place to sell this stuff. I have a DCS 36" cooktop, a SubZero 42inch side by side, a kitchen aid dishwasher and a Ventahood 36" Let me know

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
palimpsest

Craigslist or eBay. You would get better prices on eBay probably, particularly if you live in an area where they could be easily picked up (large enough population that someone near you would be interested).

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 5:47PM
remodelfla

I'll second what palimpest said. I bought several of my appliances off craigslist (high end ones) and got them for an amazing deal and they were new (not boxed) but unused. Saved about 4K on my 2 ovens. You will probably be able to make more money on ebay. However, keep in mind that they still are 8 years old and chances are people will not be willing to pay what you may think they are worth. I hope I'm wrong but just be prepared.

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 7:15PM
rbpdx

Where are u located? I am interested..

Bookmark   May 16, 2013 at 11:50PM
GreenDesigns

7 year old appliances? You'll be lucky to get 20% of their original cost anywhere. Ebay will net you more, but be more of a hassle. If you don't need the cabinets either, you might contact Green Demolitions and get more for the package deal and at least keep things out of the landfill.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 9:37AM
raenjapan

I'd put the whole kitchen, as a unit, on craigslist. It's an easy layout to work with, and the whole thing could likely be plopped into a new space pretty easily. It's a pretty nice looking "before" kitchen.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 3:27PM
Kristen Hallock

I just sold my 20 year old builder grade golden oak cabinets for $1000 on Craigslist. There was something like 22 cabinets + 20 year old electric cooktop + electric oven.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 3:47PM
cathy725

Yep, craigslist or Ebay local pick-up only.

Bookmark   May 17, 2013 at 4:23PM
More Discussions
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
WWYD with this area?
This area was designated as "dog cubbie"...
debrak_2008
Delta arctic stainless faucet with Kraus ss sink
We are planning to buy a Krauss ss 30" or 32"...
poppy3212
color of sink in a modern kitchen ?
I will have white cabinets and dark grey counter tops. what...
jeannette10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™