Whatcha doin'???

des_arc_ya_yaNovember 16, 2004

I mean what project are you working on right now? My last project was taken away from me and done by my DH!(Not that I mind, at all! LOL) He took an old wooden medicine cabinet that had been my grandmother's, sanded and repainted it for me and hung it in our bathroom.

I found a photo of Grandma and me made when I was about six. He enlarged it for me and I have it sitting on top of the cabinet.

What about you? Wht's your latest project?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
secondhandrose2

Your medicine cabinet and precious photo both sound great! Doesn't it feel good when you can get something accomplished?

I bought two small round tables I want to use as end tables in the living room. They were stained black and then painted white on top and distressed. I want them to be an antique walnut color. On another forum, I heard you could strip furniture with oven cleaner. Tried that, and it did not work at all. So, I used paint and stain stripper on them, with mixed and limited results. Now I have an expensive mess. I am tempted to throw them out and keep looking for tables that are already done in the finish I like (have been looking for a few years). My alternative is to have them professionally dipped. I shudder to think how expensive that would be!

Wish I could borrow your husband to come and take them over for me! LOL

Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 8:24AM
des_arc_ya_ya

Oh, trust me, he doesn't do professional quality work - he just has a strong arm and (I hope!) a weak spot for me! LOL

Have you tried airplane stripper? Seems like it's stronger than a lot of the others.

Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 3:39PM
wichitarick

hi, been a little slow for me in the creative areas for about 6 mo,s but in the last 30 days or so I managed to make a arts and crafts area ,workbench , shelves , a shelf for craft paint,if I had a true talent I guess its what you call a studio but a place I can find all the craft junk is what i,m calling it.
also still casting concrete bugs, a hard hat mold with rail road spike or bolt legs easy . painted a few to look like lady bugs.want to put ten together for a catipillar or centipede or ?
made my first mosaic a few weeks ago flat marbles glued on a 8in. sq. pc. of plexi . a sun catcher sort of ,used my 6 yr.olds design so I can blame her practicing for a big pc. getting ready to start back on my kitchen remodel during christmas to long a list but I will get a digital camera for christmas then show you all .rick in wichita

Bookmark   November 17, 2004 at 4:17PM
Pokeydecatur

For the past week or two I've been trying to get some Christmas decorations painted and decorated. I've had some of them for 3 years now...wooden ones, plaster ones, ceramic ones, resin ones, and some that I want to make. Some of these I have are mine but I have some that I promised my two daughters and a sister that I would paint for them! Good grief, this is worst than I thought...I better paint faster!

Barbara

Bookmark   November 18, 2004 at 7:10AM
More Discussions
metal frame swing redo
I have a metal frame swing that had canvas seat and...
lori022
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™