Too many projects, too little time!

loribee2May 4, 2011

While I was waiting for my sea serpent to dry, I started a sunflower which is still only in the diamond lath stage. I haven't worked on either because I realized I didn't have anywhere in my yard to put Mr. Sea when he's done. So I stopped and spent the last two weekends landscaping my side yard (no joke), as I've always planned to cover the weedy grass and make a bird/art garden out of it.

In the process of asking the lovely folks on the California Gardening forum what plants to select for the area, I mentioned I do mosaic and plan to make a bird bath for the space. Now two people there have said they can't wait to see my bird bath. (Um...I haven't even started it yet). Now, I want to make the bird bath first, then move back to Mr. Sea before finally, maybe, getting back to my sunflower. Oh, and of course, there was the concrete mushroom I was working on before I started Mr. Sea. If I'm able to finish all those before winter, I'm wondering how many other projects I will have piled up in the interim!

How many projects do you all have going on at once? Or am I the only one with my hands in five buckets, and the rest of you are diligent to finish one thing before you start another?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

Welcome Home Sister...You are Officially inducted into the Hall of Mosaic Addicts!!!! I have been known to have 3,4,5 projects going on at any given time. What else does a gal do when she is waiting for mortar to dry?!!!heh heh!

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 9:12PM
concretenprimroses

At least yours are all mosaik. Mine are all over the map. Recovering my fave wing chair recliner, making a skirt, mosaicking a lamp for my foster daughter, mosaicking a bowl (planning stage), digging new primrose beds, getting rid of invasive plants and replanting areas.
The sewing falls by the wayside in summer. I just want to make stuff outside if I can. Soon!
Katy

Bookmark   May 4, 2011 at 9:26PM
texaswild

CALAM and CONCRETE said it all - Welcome to the happiest playground on the planet. My daughters and I often wonder what people do that don't have hobbies. Can you imagine sitting on the sofa in front of a telly all day - NO! Congratulations on having so many things going on.

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 7:21AM
loribee2

Okay, good! Hall of Fame I can definitely take! LOL

And oh, Katy, I'm two years behind on my son's scrapbook, I've got some embroidery projects that have been on the shelf for a decade, a drip system in my veggie garden that needs to be replaced and 2/3 of a yard that still needs landscaped. I'm also in a choral group--but I practice my songs out in my workshop when I'm doing mosaic. So that's an ingenious way of completing two hobbies at once. LOL

Like you said, Slow, I can't imagine life without hobbies. Lots of TV, you're right. I am out of the loop on the programs all my friends and coworkers watch, but I'm okay with that! This is much more fun.

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 9:03AM
Calamity_J

Ohhhh, My fav chair Primrose!

Bookmark   May 5, 2011 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Sponsored Products
Canyon Waves Parker Light Blaster Bronze Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Woodard Cortland High Back Swivel patio dining Chair - Set of 2 Patio Furniture
Hayneedle
Chadwick Single-light Oiled Bronze Cream Shade Small Pendant
Overstock.com
New Vermilion Persian Super Kazak 5' X 7' Hand Knotted Wool Geomation Rug H4044
BH Sun Inc
Cooper Post Lantern by Quoizel
$239.99 | Lumens