tell me if i should

mojojojogrlnjNovember 14, 2007

i got a beautiful childs table with 2 benches....well anyway i shabby chiced it but i messed up the top to the point I would have to redo the whole top....anyway instead of redoing the whole thing which would be a long process should i just get chalk board paint and do the top, would kids love it? do you think its a good idea? I have one day to fix this (we are having a big downtown celebration friday and I need this asap)and I want this table to go into the kidzone ...any ideas would be awesome good bad ugly no diff lol thanks all

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sistersunnie

Kids would love a chalkboard table!Maybe leave an inch or so around the edges to frame the chalkboard area, or paint that border another color for contrast. Did you know that any flat paint can act as a chalksurface? People at Lowes told me that and I've tested the theory often with good results. So you could pick another color besides black or green.....

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 10:05AM
luckygal

Hope you let us know how the table works out, mojojojogrlnj.

Thanks for that info, sistersunnie, I've never heard that before but will definitely use that idea! I love chalkboards and so do the Grandkids.

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 3:18PM
mojojojogrlnj

thanks for that info I had no idea that any paint would work....the table turned out so cute will get a photo of it and post

Bookmark   November 16, 2007 at 7:29AM
More Discussions
metal frame swing redo
I have a metal frame swing that had canvas seat and...
lori022
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™