Cleo Bench/Planter in Place

texaswildMay 11, 2011

Finished this last week, but had to wait for yard man to move it. Planted w/Euphorbia Ascot Rainbow. I'm quite pleased w/the outcome. BTW - I couldn't find glossy exterior grout sealer, and don't like the flat look of grout, so I spray varnished it to make the grout shiny. LOVE it.

Cleo in Place

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanatricia

That turned out so dang cute!!!!!!!

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 9:58PM
loribee2

LOVE it!! She's adorable, and boy, you've got such a beautiful yard. You really did have the perfect spot, and I love seeing her with the plants in her crown. Is she comfortable to sit on?

Bookmark   May 11, 2011 at 11:55PM
texaswild

Thank you, ladies. LORI: I confess - I seldom sit, and I didn't try her out yesterday. After Juan and crew put her in place, I still had to discuss w/him plans to extend the fountain surround (work begins Monday afternoon), and have him rearrange some mosaiced cinder blocks. Then I planted the crown, then had to walk Toby to the park. I live six blocks from a spring-fed lake, and we walk around it every afternoon. After all the excitement, I had a drink on the patio and sorta fell asleep on the new patio sofa. Life is much too busy during the day to do much sitting.

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 6:58AM
loribee2

LOL, thus the internet handle, SLOWMEDOWN. Apparently, even Cleo can't.

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 9:05AM
Calamity_J

SLOW! How awesome she looks!!! Love the whole arrangment!!! I am trying my hand with Euphorbia this yr, I bought one called Black Bird!!! It would look good in Cleo too! I am so excited to see all this in person! Just 34 more sleeps!lol! I too think your yard looks Lovely!!! That pillar with Cleo is inspiring me to get the "new to me" cement mixer rollin'!!! I have just been swamped with work!grrr, but it's okay!

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 10:55AM
klinger

Slow, she's gorgeous, I actually think she's better than the original. She looks great in your yard, you chose a good setting for her, she just stands out so well.
Cindy

Bookmark   May 12, 2011 at 3:06PM
texaswild

Thanks, Cindy. I sorta like her better than Sam's too. Got a note from Sam saying the tail on hers is naked. That can easily be fixed, said I, and I'll see what I can do about it next year. She has other projects for me to do, so even if Riana doesn't get a class there next yr., I'm going just to work. Hope you and Jane w/join me. There's enough for all of us to do.

Bookmark   May 13, 2011 at 7:17AM
More Discussions
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Grout colorant
has anyone used these?? I went to lowes the other day...
gretch1964
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™