outdoor ceremonies

carylsJanuary 11, 2006

I prefer a church wedding, DD wants an outdoor cermony, I would appreciate any drawbacks, mishaps or other information that we may not be considering with an outdoor ceremony

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gellchom

Well, obviously, weather is the biggest IF, although you may be in a reliable climate or have a good indoor option in case of rain or cold. Consider whether there will be noise from anything nearby (including a major street). If there is only grass, high heels can be a nuisance.

But I notice that you are asking only for the downside of outdoor weddings, not the upside, or the downside of indoor ones. Are you seeking information or ammunition? :-) Doesn't matter -- we're happy to provide either!

Can you compromise somehow? For example, does your church have a pretty outdoor area you can use? If he has his heart set on a different setting, like a favorite park or something, what can you bring to give it the most important elements of your church? (Assuming that your preference for the church wedding is for religious or traditional reasons, not just its architecture). Or maybe if it's not your specific church that's at issue, you could find an outdoor chapel somewhere, like at a retreat center. Wouldn't that be gorgeous? I have been to several weddings that had the ceremony outdoors and the reception indoors. They were all very nice, UNLESS we were standing through the whole thing. If you are outdoors, please take pity on your guests and provide some sort of seating, unless it is a VERY short ceremony.

Bookmark   January 11, 2006 at 12:10PM
More Discussions
I just got back from the best wedding!
Wow, I thought I had seen it all, but this was so great! The...
scarlett2001
Older Couple, First Marriage
I have some friends who will be getting married within...
suzieque
Monetary wedding gift
What is an appropriate monetary amount to give for...
TerriJM
Why is my dil so cruel??
I would like a wedding coordinators opinion - is the...
Serenitynot
bottles of wine for outdoor wedding on lawn?
What do people think of the idea of offering bottles...
kitasei
Sponsored Products
Jane Hamley Wells | TAJI Bar Stool
YLiving.com
Grey Dots Corded Indoor/ Outdoor Square Pillows (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Kichler Lighting 15801TZT27 Tiki Textured Tannery Bronze Landscape Path Light
Littman Bros Lighting
Nojoqui Falls Dual Panel Copper and Slate Wall Fountain
Lamps Plus
Bayou Classics 36 in. Stainless Steel Gas Grill Braided Hose - 1 psi - M5LPH
$29.99 | Hayneedle
Solar LED Flood Light with Photocell
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
Brown Stone Outdoor Wall 1-Light
PLFixtures
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Organic Herringbone Ivory 3 ft. 3